• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

*** Thoughts from offseason topics

Of course there are exceptions all around, but remember Robinson could not carry this team on his shoulders and that drove him someplace else. If you think the small guy can carry a team you are mistaken. Hill does not carry the KC Chiefs either and that is truth, you are saying a sawed off runt can make a team but that simply aint true. If that were true, then how many rings would the Seahawks have? Im ready for your next driveby response, so fire away.

You couldn't be more incorrect, and that's all that needs to be said.

There is no metric where Mike Riley is better. His losses were worse, he had one good season (well, 2/3 of a season before the smoke and mirrors were exposed), and was simply a disaster in every way. He got two bowl seasons because of a lucky loophole. So again , one good season based on an incredibly easy front loaded schedule. Other than that, he was a complete disaster.
In spite of 12-20, I see things trending better than Riley. Which isn't good enough, and needs to be much better.
I stopped reading after your first sentence because for whatever reason you are blatantly lying. Literally in the most important metric Riley was 19-19 and Frost is 12-20. Lost a lot of credibility with that statement. I bolded it for anyone that cares to stop reading after it as well.

Really in shock that was the first thing typed and more thoughts followed.

Last edited:
I stopped reading after your first sentence because for whatever reason you are blatantly lying. Literally in the most important metric Riley was 19-19 and Frost is 12-20. Lost a lot of credibility with that statement. I bolded it for anyone that cares to stop reading after it as well.

Really in shock that was the first thing typed and more thoughts followed.

Yes because all records are the same. That's nonsense. Frost didn't get nonconference games this year. Frost also didn't have the luxury of that joke of a schedule that Riley did.
I know things are bad when you, of all people, are actually saying anything positive about Mike Riley. Yikes.

There is no metric where Mike Riley is better. His losses were worse, he had one good season (well, 2/3 of a season before the smoke and mirrors were exposed), and was simply a disaster in every way. He got two bowl seasons because of a lucky loophole. So again , one good season based on an incredibly easy front loaded schedule. Other than that, he was a complete disaster.
In spite of 12-20, I see things trending better than Riley. Which isn't good enough, and needs to be much better.
goodnterribles:
metrics:
1: Riley 19-from other posters Frost 12-20
2: As *** pointed out to you, Riley has a better record than Frost against every team in the BIG except PSU.

Please, facts are facts.

I know you are very passionate in your support of Frost, I can dig that, keep it up.
On the other hand, please acknowledge facts when they present themselves from other posters as they can have just as much passion as you do, that needs to be honored as well.

Finally, we all want DONU to win in 2021, going that Frost gets it done. But in the bigger picture, its DONU that is important, Frost and his staff are just a part of that.

GBR

The facts are, expecting us to win big with a wide receiver that finished 10th his first year, and 11th his second in yards per catch on the team, with very few TDs are very misplaced expectations.
Bit, lets look at MR vs SF with WR, he had JD too. MR, he had Westy, Reilly, Stan, DPE and Zo
Now, of those guys,how many did MR recruit? JD, and that was it, and JDs numbers were much better than WRs numbers.
Dont think SF doesnt have guys.

I was told Toure isnt that good against FBS teams, we shall see. Theres guys in the wings,lets see how this plays out

Last edited:
goodnterribles:
metrics:
1: Riley 19-from other posters Frost 12-20
2: As *** pointed out to you, Riley has a better record than Frost against every team in the BIG except PSU.

Please, facts are facts.

I know you are very passionate in your support of Frost, I can dig that, keep it up.
On the other hand, please acknowledge facts when they present themselves from other posters as they can have just as much passion as you do, that needs to be honored as well.

Finally, we all want DONU to win in 2021, going that Frost gets it done. But in the bigger picture, its DONU that is important, Frost and his staff are just a part of that.

GBR

It's not an apples to apples comparison. The Big 10 West got much more difficult. Riley took over a consistent 9 win program, Frost took over a dumpster fire. The schedules are different, and Frost didn't get any nonconference games in 2020. Besides that, it's a completely perfect comparison.
I don't know how many more times I have to say that Frost has to do better, that what he's done isn't good enough. I guess I need to say it again so I'm clear: Frost has to do better.

It's not an apples to apples comparison. The Big 10 West got much more difficult. Riley took over a consistent 9 win program, Frost took over a dumpster fire. The schedules are different, and Frost didn't get any nonconference games in 2020. Besides that, it's a completely perfect comparison.
I don't know how many more times I have to say that Frost has to do better, that what he's done isn't good enough. I guess I need to say it again so I'm clear: Frost has to do better.
Just looked it up
MR teams played OSU twice, and PSU once, no Michigan.
Was purdue purdue back then? Indy?Illinois?

Just looked it up
MR teams played OSU twice, and PSU once, no Michigan.
Was purdue purdue back then? Indy?Illinois?

Darrell Hazell was Purdue's coach, who might have arguably been the worst coach in the Big 10 the last 20 years. Brohm was hired the same year as Frost.

Darrell Hazell was Purdue's coach, who might have arguably been the worst coach in the Big 10 the last 20 years. Brohm was hired the same year as Frost.
Just adding a few things up, MRs record was snow flake against more snow flake teams.
It only got worse when many who still are mad when the few good players left once MR was gone,and unsurprisingly, blame SF.

So, the team was screaming down hill, the better players were leaving, the schedule just got much more difficult, and somehow theres some magical equivalency.

Last edited:
Just adding a few things up, MRs record was snow flake against more snow flake teams.
It only got worse when many who still are mad when the few good players left once MR was gone,and unsurprisingly, blame SF.

So, the team was screaming down hill, the better players were leaving, the schedule just got much more difficult, and somehow theres some magical equivalency.

Look, Frost's terrible record ultimately is his fault. Sure there were some factors in play, but there are tons of mistakes he made as well. He has to improve quickly.

Look, Frost's terrible record ultimately is his fault. Sure there were some factors in play, but there are tons of mistakes he made as well. He has to improve quickly.
Fully agree, but some saying going to extremes to make a point, well its already being done.
But fully agree,this is it for SF.
I dont expect him to fix everything, some things take time to learn and put in place, but he should have enough things in place now to win,killer schedule or not

Fully agree, but some saying going to extremes to make a point, well its already being done.
But fully agree,this is it for SF.
I dont expect him to fix everything, some things take time to learn and put in place, but he should have enough things in place now to win,killer schedule or not

Yeah there definitely needs to be progress next year.

Jeff Brohm and Rondale Moore seemed to take us to the woodshed with that blueprint. Chris Olave is the same weight as him and tore us a new one. Heisman trophy winner is the same weight.

This is where you loose me on this argument. You really aren't going compare WR to Chris Olave and DeVonta Smith, are you?
Alabama and Ohio State do fine with it. The Patriots won Super Bowls with guys like Julian Edelman being their primary WR. It's what football is now. If you are going to spread the field out and be "Oregon fast", how big a guy is matters about as much as a WNBA regular season game. We are trying to get guys in space. The leading WR for Oregon when they played for a National Title in 2014 and Scott Frost was their OC was Byron Marshall who was the exact same height as Wan'Dale.

"It should never happen" basically is telling Alabama, Ohio State, New England, and Oregon when they were playing for championships "you're doing it wrong." I don't get that statement at all.

Tom Brady the GOAT of QB's was throwing to Edelman and he had a few other weapons than him also. A HOF TE comes to mind. You know its not all about size. Is Wondale Robinson in your opinion a better receiver than any of the guys you have mentioned?

That’s the state of the program today: smart (I think) fans are splitting hairs to argue Frost has been more “successful” than poor Mike Riley. This staff needs to do whatever possible to get some quality wins.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back