• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

This is getting silly

National folks had zero problem putting Wisconsin in volleyball at the #1 seed playing conference only and cancelling 2/3 of their games due to covid. Big ten leading husker baseball cant get a shout in the top 25?

Of course, the volleyball team has a long history of competing for national titles, so it made sense.

It takes longer to crack the top 25 when you haven't produced a top 25 type of team in maybe 15 years. Pollsters tend to give credit to those teams with recent history of success -- which explains why Michigan had been most of the season until falling out recently.

The other thing hurting Nebraska is our strength-of-schedule, which is currently ranked 202nd nationally.

The Big Ten is projected to have as many as four teams in the NCAA Tournament. Two are close to locks -- Michigan and Nebraska (would take an epic collapse to not make it). The other two -- Indiana and Iowa -- are probably in, but they have little room for error. Anyhow, we've only played one team that's projected to make the NCAA Tournament -- Iowa. So while we definitely have the overall win-loss record to be worthy, are resume is still lacking a bit. Fortunately, Indiana and Michigan are still ahead on the schedule, and we can cement our status in those series. I'd only get worried about Nebraska not making the playoffs if we lose both of those series then have an early exit in the conference tournament.

I see the D1 baseball website has Nebraska projected in the same regional as the #1 overall seed, Arkansas. Now that would be fun!

Of course, the volleyball team has a long history of competing for national titles, so it made sense.

It takes longer to crack the top 25 when you haven't produced a top 25 type of team in maybe 15 years. Pollsters tend to give credit to those teams with recent history of success -- which explains why Michigan had been most of the season until falling out recently.

The other thing hurting Nebraska is our strength-of-schedule, which is currently ranked 202nd nationally.

The Big Ten is projected to have as many as four teams in the NCAA Tournament. Two are close to locks -- Michigan and Nebraska (would take an epic collapse to not make it). The other two -- Indiana and Iowa -- are probably in, but they have little room for error. Anyhow, we've only played one team that's projected to make the NCAA Tournament -- Iowa. So while we definitely have the overall win-loss record to be worthy, are resume is still lacking a bit. Fortunately, Indiana and Michigan are still ahead on the schedule, and we can cement our status in those series. I'd only get worried about Nebraska not making the playoffs if we lose both of those series then have an early exit in the conference tournament.

I see the D1 baseball website has Nebraska projected in the same regional as the #1 overall seed, Arkansas. Now that would be fun!
Correct me if I’m wrong but there is no conference tournament.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back