• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked This and That

Status
Not open for further replies.

"9. One side of Memorial Stadium spells out "Thanks Tom". How did they do that? Pretty impressive."

I sat in the East stadium for the game. There were red/white cards (roughly 24"x36") taped to each seat. Each card had specific instructions as to which side faced out. To my surprise there's a company (probably more than one) that specializes in these 'card stunts'. I don't think the TV showed it, but after the "Thanks Tom" message, we all flipped our cards and it spelled out "Go Big Red". Pretty cool, indeed.

I believe the BTN showed both shots, if I remember corrrectly, lol.

Thanks for the thoughtful post.

I share your concern about playing Wisconsin a second time. Even more peculiar, if the Huskers win they could face UCLA second time in the Rose Bowl.I do not share your sympathy for the SEC. I would have liked to see another conference get a chance.

Wow, you're right!...NU could end up playing both Whiskey and UCLA twice this season....and UCLA could end up playing both Stanford and NU twice this season. Very strange.

Gardner looks pretty good but NU was handling Michigan with Robinson at QB. Why diminish NU's performance?

I did not mean to diminish NU's performance against Michigan. NU played well enough that day to beat Michigan with either Robinson or Garder at the helm. But with Bellamy at the helm, I think it made the task easier for NU that day. Bellamy (sp) was inept.

Last edited:
I am gonna add my own

11. I picked a great game to come back to. I get to one a year is all. All the TO stuff got me a little misty eyed. Was also fortunate enough to be at the 250th win game against OU.

12. East Stadium expansion is massive in person, Really gonna look awesome next year.

I am gonna add my own

11. I picked a great game to come back to. I get to one a year is all. All the TO stuff got me a little misty eyed. Was also fortunate enough to be at the 250th win game against OU.

Tom Osborne's 500th and final football game in an official capacity. His retirement ceremony in front of 85,000 fans on the field that bears his name. That may have been the most significant event to ever occur at memorial stadium.

A day when The University of Nebraska athletic program said good-bye to its greatest hero. A man who represented collegiate athletics as well has any person in history. He always did the right thing. He was a positive influence on every person who crossed his path. He held positions of power, authority, and influence but he only used them as a means to serve others, not himself.

yes, Impaler, you certainly did pick a great game to come back to... a game where the Big Red sent Tom home with a win.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back