• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The "tell" on knowing when we are back

What about when we have the same winning percentage as the Volleyball team.

61fe7d74-8ba9-492e-938e-4d6d03216e47_text.gif

Not to be a smart aleck, but if NU starts to win some games, go to consecutive bowl games, and I don’t see a random, national writer use a phrase like “return to glory,” “back ______,” or something similar, I’ll feel comfortable that the Huskers are competitive and being analyzed and written about asa football program rather than a history lesson or cultural phenomenon. In the meanwhile, if I see one more “nicest fans in the world”/“standing ovation for the visitors” piece in the media, I’ll personally piss on the USC coaching staff in November from on high when they leave he field at half. So tired of it.
I’m alright with them saying “returned to glory” rather than “return to glory”.

When NU makes a top 25 preseason poll and finishes in the top 25.
How about we beat a top 25 team first?

Something we haven't done since beating Oregon in 2016. Something Rhule hasn't done since beating Navy in 2016 when he coached at Temple. This is the discouraging drought that is only eclipsed by Rutgers in the BIG.

Last year we got a overhyped Colorado team who lost 11 of 13 and still found themselves ranked. But couldn't close the deal and that team went on to lose 8 of 10 with one of those wins a 2OT over Colorado State. There likely will never be a ranked team with a worse resume.

The way our schedule lines up, we could easily go 7-0 and ranked. But Rutgers is the only FBS team on that list that was .500 last year and the combined record of the opponents was 26-47.

Then we face Ohio State, UCLA, USC, Wisconsin, and Iowa. Those last 4 may or may not get a shot or two, but it's pretty easy to see how we can go without a top 25 win and end the season ranked.

Then we had Iowa. There will never be another ranked team with a worse offense.

How about we beat a top 25 team first?

Something we haven't done since beating Oregon in 2016. Something Rhule hasn't done since beating Navy in 2016 when he coached at Temple. This is the discouraging drought that is only eclipsed by Rutgers in the BIG.

Last year we got a overhyped Colorado team who lost 11 of 13 and still found themselves ranked. But couldn't close the deal and that team went on to lose 8 of 10 with one of those wins a 2OT over Colorado State. There likely will never be a ranked team with a worse resume.

The way our schedule lines up, we could easily go 7-0 and ranked. But Rutgers is the only FBS team on that list that was .500 last year and the combined record of the opponents was 26-47.

Then we face Ohio State, UCLA, USC, Wisconsin, and Iowa. Those last 4 may or may not get a shot or two, but it's pretty easy to see how we can go without a top 25 win and end the season ranked.

Then we had Iowa. There will never be another ranked team with a worse offense.
I look at last year as unique, leading the P4 in turnovers and margin.
Losing four of our skill players for the majority of the season and watching a qb implode with a offense changing qb as backup with our other qb hobbled.
First year a tough spot to be in. Likely to never happen again.

I look at last year as unique, leading the P4 in turnovers and margin.
Losing four of our skill players for the majority of the season and watching a qb implode with a offense changing qb as backup with our other qb hobbled.
First year a tough spot to be in. Likely to never happen again.

I really want to agree with this argument, but I feel like “Last year was unique” has become a common refrain, e.g., “Best 3-win team.”

I really want to agree with this argument, but I feel like “Last year was unique” has become a common refrain, e.g., “Best 3-win team.”
Look it up. You can go back decades for any one of then occurring let alone all at once.
This isn't an apology, excuse etc. This hasn't happened to us before.
I'm just of the belief that it hurt our won loss record which imo isn't a reach

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back