• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The "tell" on knowing when we are back

cactusboy

Husker Fan
10 Year Member
When virtually all our fans accept an alternative uni that isn't boring, something showing some moxie.. :Biggrin:

LIke these..

08f9f2038fe76359d979693adc00f134.jpg
57be1275e5010.image.jpg

You know that Nebraska fans need to have something to argue about in the great and/or challenging times….

alternate uniforms, number of current scholarships on the roster, proper use of NIL funds, when/how to hand out the blackshirts, game times, games on Fridays, run the fullback more, the backups should have played earlier in the game, pregame music selection, the tunnel walk, blue hairs not clapping/standing, number of restrooms in south stadium, Coke/Pepsi, sold vs scanned ticket attendance…I could go on. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Two alternatives...

1) When Nebraska's opponents get called for more holding penalties than are called on the Huskers.

2) When Ben Scott can tell the opposing Ohio State defense we are going to run it right down the middle, say "but you aren't going to stop it", Huskers run that play and pick up at least five yards... Again and again and again.

Last edited:

Not to be a smart aleck, but if NU starts to win some games, go to consecutive bowl games, and I don’t see a random, national writer use a phrase like “return to glory,” “back ______,” or something similar, I’ll feel comfortable that the Huskers are competitive and being analyzed and written about asa football program rather than a history lesson or cultural phenomenon. In the meanwhile, if I see one more “nicest fans in the world”/“standing ovation for the visitors” piece in the media, I’ll personally piss on the USC coaching staff in November from on high when they leave he field at half. So tired of it.

Not to be a smart aleck, but if NU starts to win some games, go to consecutive bowl games, and I don’t see a random, national writer use a phrase like “return to glory,” “back ______,” or something similar, I’ll feel comfortable that the Huskers are competitive and being analyzed and written about asa football program rather than a history lesson or cultural phenomenon. In the meanwhile, if I see one more “nicest fans in the world”/“standing ovation for the visitors” piece in the media, I’ll personally piss on the USC coaching staff in November from on high when they leave he field at half. So tired of it.
Winning games to get to the playoffs every year for a decade or 2 will be a great 'return to glory' like it was 'back in the 1960s through 1990s'. That will give the 'nicest fans in the world' a reason to give a 'standing ovation for the losing visitors' after a hard fought Nebraska win.

Now, all I ask of you is to take careful aim 'from on high' in November! :p

What is the "the tell on knowing when we are back?"

College Game Day is in town on a meaningful late season game against a top 5 opponent. Lee Corso puts on the other team's mascot head as his final prediction before they break to the game, and the we go beat the snot out of the other team.

We are perhaps a year away.

You know that Nebraska fans need to have something to argue about in the great and/or challenging times….

alternate uniforms, number of current scholarships on the roster, proper use of NIL funds, when/how to hand out the blackshirts, game times, games on Fridays, run the fullback more, the backups should have played earlier in the game, pregame music selection, the tunnel walk, blue hairs not clapping/standing, number of restrooms in south stadium, Coke/Pepsi, sold vs scanned ticket attendance…I could go on. :thumbsup:
You forgot the hoodies, have to mention the hoodies

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back