• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked The Process

Status
Not open for further replies.

Very impressive.

Players obviously are hearing the message, and able to communicate it back well. This is not an easy task.

Any successful organization requires all of the members to have the same message and mission. Getting them to buy in is much harder to actually do.
Companies spend hundreds of thousands of dollars trying to get their employees to the place where these players are at.

Credit to Bo, this is one way to sell success to the program's boosters.

I really like the way Bo is running this team. An emphasis on team, accountability, and community. Nebraska values. I believe his image in football nationally is turning from "Who's that screaming, crazy guy" to "He's tough, but he also looks out for the players, not just on the field but in life."

I really like the way Bo is running this team. An emphasis on team, accountability, and community. Nebraska values. I believe his image in football nationally is turning from "Who's that screaming, crazy guy" to "He's tough, but he also looks out for the players, not just on the field but in life."

Agree.
Interested to hear from those who are less found of Bo to comment.

The thing about this place is people rarely change their opinion.

Slick video, very well done, and the players seem to be buying in. I like it.

The problem is, anyone can make a video about their process and I have no doubt that most schools have one similar to ours.

You are somewhat correct here, most skeptics will require evidence that the process works in order to change their opinion. The only way to really measure the effectiveness of the process is to see what the team actually does on the field.

Last edited:

The problem is, anyone can make a video about their process and I have no doubt that most schools have one similar to ours.

You are somewhat correct here, most skeptics will require evidence that the process works in order to change their opinion. The only way to really measure the effectiveness of the process is to see what the team actually does on the field.

This where many on this board will disagree with my viewpoint. Recall these are student athletes, and all of them will have careers outside of football at some time.

Yes, field performance matters.

However if you listen the players talk about the "process" it involves how one is successful in life. That matters to many boosters and it matters to me. Honestly I haven't heard this kind of talk from players since the Osborne days.

Personally have not yet had the opportunity to talk to a Pelini former player(as they are still very young). Only then will one be able to state if the players understand the process or its just a "slick video".

Osborne's players truly got the message, as almost every former player in the past 20 I has spoken to, repeats the same consistent message.

Yep...In Pelinni''s case it's all about the performance on the field. This "process" is everywhere. We used different words for it in the military and at my current job, and the message is basically the same. When I'm standing on the podium after a race it's because I was relentless, accountable and competitive. My daughter who just got her masters is all those things... I've seen Saban preaching the same thing....

It's good that the players are being taught this...I just want to see it on the field

Saban must be doing a better job of preaching the process because he's won something in the past few years....more than once

Yep...In Pelinni''s case it's all about the performance on the field. This "process" is everywhere. We used different words for it in the military and at my current job, and the message is basically the same. When I'm standing on the podium after a race it's because I was relentless, accountable and competitive. My daughter who just got her masters is all those things... I've seen Saban preaching the same thing....

It's good that the players are being taught this...I just want to see it on the field

Saban must be doing a better job of preaching the process because he's won something in the past few years....more than once

Yeah, well, he's teaching it to kids who are really fast. ;)

5-6 million people in alabama, who a just as crazy about football as we are, that gives them 3-4 times as many instate kids to choose from, so they can just take 6-8 scholarship kids every year without out even breaking a recruiting sweat. 1/3 of their recruiting is already done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back