• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

NU_Alum

Husker Fan
5 Year Member
I thought there was a thread on this but I didn't see it.

I haven't finished season 2 yet (about half way through) but so far it's just as good as season 1, IMO.

If you haven't seen season 1 it's a must watch. Amazon Prime.

Love Mrs Maisel. Binged it last weekend. IMO Season 1 is still the best but 2 is very good.

This was a good show. Loved the cast. My wife had it on while I painted our ceiling over the summer. At first was I was like ya, whatever, but also find myself hooked. It won a ton of Emmy's too.

I thought there was a thread on this but I didn't see it.

I haven't finished season 2 yet (about half way through) but so far it's just as good as season 1, IMO.

If you haven't seen season 1 it's a must watch. Amazon Prime.
I haven't heard of this one, I will have to check it out soon.

Very good show. Well written with stand out performances by the main characters.

Edit update: Wife and I finished the series and we both thought it is a fantastic show. I had several belly laughs each episode. All the story lines seemed to collide midway through the second season so it did get a little slow but both of us are excited for season 3. I hope the writers don't get preachy in season 3 and they continue to playfully juxtapose the political challenges of the time period with today.

Last edited:

Having been in the movie industry from the business side, I tend to look for a lot of things that the ordinary viewer might not look for. I especially impressed with the staging of the scenes as the way they are presented in final edit just enhances the story line even more.

Okay, so I've seen the first 6 episodes now, and I have to say, I didn't get my first laugh until late in episode 2. They were at the dinner table and the argument ensued, and Abe tells Moishe,
"Get out of my house" and Moishe says, but this is my house and Abe says something like, I don't care who's house it is, "GET OUT" That was genuinely funny as hell and the show just got much better and funnier from that point for me. I still have a couple episodes in season 1 to go, and eventually, I will get around to those and season 2.

I would tell people, get past the first episode, then most of the 2nd, before giving up on the show, It's kind of a hoot so far. And Rachel Brosnahan
has a very sexy body, that's a PLUS.

Okay, so I've seen the first 6 episodes now, and I have to say, I didn't get my first laugh until late in episode 2. They were at the dinner table and the argument ensued, and Abe tells Moishe,
"Get out of my house" and Moishe says, but this is my house and Abe says something like, I don't care who's house it is, "GET OUT" That was genuinely funny as hell and the show just got much better and funnier from that point for me. I still have a couple episodes in season 1 to go, and eventually, I will get around to those and season 2.

I would tell people, get past the first episode, then most of the 2nd, before giving up on the show, It's kind of a hoot so far. And Rachel Brosnahan
has a very sexy body, that's a PLUS.
Her standup is simply outstanding, IMO. Season 2, I think it's episode 6, might have my favorite standup in both seasons. It's a "blues" night.

Easily one of the best shows out there in recent memories.

Her standup is simply outstanding, IMO. Season 2, I think it's episode 6, might have my favorite standup in both seasons. It's a "blues" night.

Easily one of the best shows out there in recent memories.
Yes, very different from anything I have ever seen. I really hope the writer's for season 3 don't turn Abe into some hard left political scrooge.

Boy, we're kinda of late to the party here, but the wife and I are really enjoying this show. Have gotten through both seasons 1 and 2. Gonna start watching season 3 tonight. It is a deceptively funny show. Great characters and story lines.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back