• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked The Last Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh I can't disagree. Would love the Huskers to play tham at year end. But in order for you to win the top 10 contest it would have to be the title game.:)
My opinion is Stanford could beat Alabama.....their defense is sick and their offensive line is Top 5 in the country in my opinion....if their skill positions are as good as I think they will be they are going to be unstoppable....
Maybe they are so good they will beat themselves.;)

I actually have been saying for the past weeks Ohio State could be walking into a mine field in Berkeley....would not surprise me in the least if Cal wins...

I'm one who doesn't think that OSU is as good has last years record says they are. Going undefeated is a great accomplishment, no doubt. But they could have and almost lost a couple of those to teams that wasn't suppose to be close. Cal can definitely win this one at home.

I don't see Cal getting it done with an inexperienced QB. Bigelow can't do it all.

I'm one who doesn't think that OSU is as good has last years record says they are. Going undefeated is a great accomplishment, no doubt. But they could have and almost lost a couple of those to teams that wasn't suppose to be close. Cal can definitely win this one at home.

Agree 10000% here. They went undefeated and looked pretty average against a few teams. Sure, not losing is big, and hard to do, but I wonder how much having the pressure this year will affect them.

My opinion is Stanford could beat Alabama.....their defense is sick and their offensive line is Top 5 in the country in my opinion....if their skill positions are as good as I think they will be they are going to be unstoppable....

And they're well coached. Definitely a contender.

Agree 10000% here. They went undefeated and looked pretty average against a few teams. Sure, not losing is big, and hard to do, but I wonder how much having the pressure this year will affect them.

I agree as well. I still don't think Cal can beat them though.

They won 5 games by 7 points or less....Cal (35-29), Purdue (OT 29-22), Indiana (52-49 OT), Wisconsin (21-14).....and struggled against UAB (29-15).....Michigan (26-21)

They could have been 8-4/7-5 last year.....

Cal can most definitely beat them in Berkeley....

Last edited:
They would get ran over by Bama....no speed.

You may be right about the result, but not about their ability to handle speed. There are not many, if any, with more speed than Oregon and Stanford held them to 14 in an OT game at Oregon. And 9 of those D starters are back. I saw Stanford live three times last year, where one can really see a lot more about a team than on TV. stanford's D was all about speed to the ball.

I disagree...

Stanford has a defense that could shut Alabama down....and their offensive line is one of the Top Five in the country.....they could match Alabama blow for blow.....in my opinion.....

As Cardinal pointed out Oregon couldn't do much of anything against them last year on offense....

Not to mention if they meet up the game will be in Pasadena in the Rose Bowl.....HUGE advantage to Stanford....almost a home game...on a neutral field.....

Last edited:

First puck drops Oct 8th

And who isnt on the Fightings Sue's schedule...Minnesota, Wisc, and Mich

I hate the big ten!

They have 3 road games to Cal/N.Western/Michigan.......I strongly believe they'll drop at least one of them and wouldn't be shocked if they dropped 2 out of the 3. Now this opinion could change depending on how their progression looks after week 5. And extra year under Urban Meyer can't hurt a team too much....;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back