• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

"The K-State way"

bilsker

Tom Osborne
15 Year Member
I'm still waiting for these major sanctions to come down on KSU. I mean we were told it was just a matter of time. Right, jay?

Shatel makes mention of how KSU has resurected their program in his column today. On another board you see people say "i'd rather continue losing than go the KSU route!" "I wouldn't want frank martin representing UNL!"

1. I recall a small violation by a couple of their players for receiving some clothes or something. Not from the university but from a girl. Hell, NU had a little problem with books. Should we consider NU a renegade program? OTher than that I've heard nothing about KSU being under investigation. Maybe I missed it. Somehow I doubt it. HWJ would have posted it within seconds of its appearance on the web.

2. What's wrong with Frank Martin? Don't tell me it's his on bench demeanor. Not if you're cool with Pelini's...which I don't have a major problem with. There was some talk about something from Martin's past but that's really kind of irrelevant. We aren't hiring FRANK MARTIN. Hiring a recruiting beast doesn't mean hiring a cheater. That's a pretty narrow view.

Is it just arrogance that some NU fans can't give KSU credit where it's due?

Osborne wouldn't jive with Martin's behavior.

I'm cool with Martin's demeanor. I like it actually.

Osborne wouldn't jive with Martin's behavior.

I'm cool with Martin's demeanor. I like it actually.

Martin's not on the table anyway. But a "martin-like" guy may be out there somewhere. Someone with great recruiting connections.

I believe the word you guys are looking for is "jibe" not "jive". Jibe means to be in accord with one another. Jive is a type of dance or music, and the slang language associated with them.

You can have 7-7 Ksu. While better that NU it is not where we want to NU

Martin begged to go to miami. His top 3 recruits while beach coach are .....

ksu's top 3 players recruited be Martin are: ?

LEading Scorers:
Rodney McGruder. Frosh in 2009-2010. Martin's 3rd year.

Will Spaulding. Frosh in 2010-2011. Martin's 4th years.

Leading rebounder (3rd in scoring)
Jamar Samuels. Frosh in 2009-2010. Martin's second year.

Now I suppose the first two could have committed to HUGGINS as HS Jrs or Srs. But I doubt. AND wasn't martin's whole schtick recruiting? So not only did he likely recruit all of these guys he's probably got credit for getting about everybody who has been at KSU in the last several years.

Martin has been to the NCAA 3 out of 4 years and likely headed there again this year. Not bad.

Last edited:

Two wins in one week on the road over top 10 teams .....still a chance for top 4 seed in big 12 tourney again .... Yeah Martin might know what he is doing

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back