• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

"The eye in the sky don't lie"

dallasblackshirt

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
Adam Carriker laid bare what many on this board have seen and pointed out too, which is the lack of effort by some players on the field. He made clear that this cancer should not be on field and these players should be benched.

Which begs the question that drives many of us nuts (leading us to be critical of HCSF), why haven't these players been sat down in favor of guys who will give it 110%?

Adam Carriker laid bare what many on this board have seen and pointed out too, which is the lack of effort by some players on the field. He made clear that this cancer should not be on field and these players should be benched.

Which begs the question that drives many of us nuts (leading us to be critical of HCSF), why haven't these players been sat down in favor of guys who will give it 110%?

Honest question. Which players aren’t giving enough effort?

There was one play with DT that pissed me off so badly, the remote flew across the room. CD gave me a near heart attack. On a couple of plays, Stille could haven chased his man down, but decided to jog like he didn't care (not sure if his illness had to do with it). Our tackles refuse to make any effort to find a body to engage in open space. There are many, many examples where effort was, lets just say, not at its maximum. Even some of our receivers make no effort to sustain their blocks. Lots of looking around.

Last edited:

to be fair, to me, there aren't that many who really aren't giving effort.
its really a combination of players getting tired and poor team mentality. the mentality aspect of it is due to either poor responses to sudden changes or turnovers, or lack of effective player leadership. when you see your team captains missing blocks, throwing picks, failing to score, fumbling, missing tackles, getting run over, and many more, that has got to be demoralizing for even the most motivated, high energy team in america.

if you are a defense that works hard to shut down an opponent, only to have to get back on the field within 2 minutes of real time, time and time again, there's no way you would give max effort the whole time.
similarly, on offense, when you don't think you will get the ball even if you got open, or as a WR/RB you get put on the field only as a decoy, or you think your qb will probably get sacked anyway when you do get open, eventually you will slow down.

When you're in any coverage, once the ball is in the air everyone should be meeting the ball carrier there. Dismuke is pretty good and he got caught assuming his teammate had the tackle handled. Apparently they don't coach to swarm the ball. Maybe that is why Chinander never fixes the problems, they may actually practice like this.

When you're in any coverage, once the ball is in the air everyone should be meeting the ball carrier there. Dismuke is pretty good and he got caught assuming his teammate had the tackle handled. Apparently they don't coach to swarm the ball. Maybe that is why Chinander never fixes the problems, they may actually practice like this.

He’d be the first coach in history that didn’t teach swarming to the ball, but please, feel free to continue sharing ridiculous assumptions.

The only thing that would make sense is that these players are better than those behind them, even when slacking?

teach an old mule new tricks with endless patience and love. this will take more time. chinader's ucf defenses were swarming and pretty good until they suffered mid season injuries. by the time auburn came around they got a bunch of those players healed up and looked ok again. late season ucf defense problems was more about depth than anything. we just have too many lingering bad habits and perhaps a few too many stuborn party boys.

He’d be the first coach in history that didn’t teach swarming to the ball, but please, feel free to continue sharing ridiculous assumptions.
And yet, there it is in the video not just once or twice or three times... I was surprised if anyone loafed it would likely IMHO not have been Dismuke caught on the clip. That guy is usually going sideline to sideline. Personally I'd try to find a way to move him closer to the ball if he's that aggressive. After seeing these clips, maybe not.

Last edited:
There was one play with DT that pissed me off so badly, the remote flew across the room. CD gave me a near heart attack. On a couple of plays, Stille could haven chased his man down, but decided to jog like he didn't care (not sure if his illness had to do with it). Our tackles refuse to make any effort to find a body to engage in open space. There are many, many examples where effort was, lets just say, not at its maximum. Even some of our receivers make no effort to sustain their blocks. Lots of looking around.
The entire offensive line doing their upright "Teddy Bear Picnic Dance Shuffle" as defenders run past and Martinez gets sacked. Makes me want to puke.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back