• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The Doors

KleinTxHusker

All Big 10
15 Year Member
Picked up a copy of "The Doors" in the $5 bin at Wal Mart a few weeks back.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Doors_(album)

WOW!

I will say, while I have heard many of the songs, I have never, ever, just sat and listened to the entire album uninterrupted.

Pretty wild and crazy. I am most amazed the album made it out of a studio in 1967!

My wife thinks I have lost my sanity.

The big three are "Break on Through to the Other Side", "Light My Fire" and "The End".

Liked "Backdoor Man", "Take it as it Comes", "End of the Night" although some are indistinguishable.

Thought "Alabama Song / Whisky Bar" was a goofy weird knock off of German Om Pah Pah... then found it was a slightly modified Weill and Brecht number...:Biggrin:

:Biggrin: The funny thing about this is, yeah, I thought "WOW" when I first listened to it, years after it was released, but am now kinda burned out on it for the most part, so, I agree with your wife.

The Crystal Ship is probably top 3 for favorite Doors songs. It is a great album.

Great studio band.. one of worst live show I ever saw 3 times

Great studio band.. one of worst live show I ever saw 3 times

I have heard that. I have heard that their style of playing didn't really translate to bigger arenas. They were much better in smaller clubs. I think Morrison's drinking really hurt there performances in there later years.

I have heard that. I have heard that their style of playing didn't really translate to bigger arenas. They were much better in smaller clubs. I think Morrison's drinking really hurt there performances in there later years.
One show I went to they played 4 songs and were booed off the stage

Love this album. I have to be in the mood for most of their stuff though. Usually involves alcohol. Not sure why that is.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back