• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

The athletes are "chasing the bag". Why shouldn't an AD or Coach?

pitch

Scout Team
20 Year Member
Ok, I'm over it. I don't like it or the timing, but how can we be upset with Trev if the money was good and the situation better?

It's the culture today in college sports.....

considering i got laid off last month. 1.7mill per year seems like a prety sweet deal to me and just about 99% of the population. scumbag comes to mind.....

I guess I see a difference between an 18-20 year old and a full grown man who should by now have seen that there is more to a fulfilling life than accumulation of money.

I assumed, as many I think did, that what motivated TA to take the job at Nebraska was a mission, desire, and passion for bringing the program back from the abyss. Now it appears it was just a job. Nothing special. No “sacred” mission. Just someone filling an open employment opportunity. He did a great job for the short period of time he was here. So, I guess I can’t really hold him responsible for my own misguided romanticized notions of what he was here to do.

Hopefully the head football coach and his staff have similar romanticized notions of what they are here to do and can have the passion to not just fill their positions, but actually complete the turnaround they were hired to lead. Hopefully we won’t experience such an earth shattering shock next year with coaches chasing the dollar to other schools.

Kudos to Greg McDermott. I admire him even more today than I did yesterday.

You do reach a point where "bag chasing" bites you in the rear. I could probably make more money than I currently make, but what would that job look like? What would be the freedoms? What would be the demands? How would it effect my happiness and quality of life?

I don't blame anyone for advancing their career. Doesn't mean I'm happy about Trev's decision either. The frustration has more to do with it being effectively a lateral move. Sure, A&M has more money to play with, but like us they are a middle of the road athletic department in one of the two power conferences. If he left to be B1G commissioner or CFP chairman, it'd be a much easier pill to swallow. This feels less about career advancement and more about something else.

That's what I'm hearing (all 3rd hand rumors of course). Just sad. Did everything fall apart when Ted left? Sad that the university is a house of cards.
Seems like there are serious problems that resulted in top level talent leaving the university. If true, this is much more devastating than the loss of an AD. If Trev left just for money, we just go out and find a new AD. If the lack of leadership and stability at the university was bad enough to shoo away Carter and Trev, that is a much harder thing to fix. And frankly, the clock is probably ticking on Rhule. If he doesn’t get a say in the new AD or at least be fully onboard with whoever is selected, you can expect that we may be starting from scratch again in a year or two.

The self destruction at Nebraska continues.

I just can't seem to give Trev the hard pass that some can. Hasn't had a boss in a while? Some would be thrilled with that. Even if changes couldn't be made. Suck it up! What I can't forgive is all the "dream job", "greatest place" "special job" "greatest fans" BS we have been given for 2 years. It sure has the appearance that we've been lied to the whole time. It's a business, I get that. But don't blow smoke up our heinies for 2 years and bail. Just my 2 cents. Fire away :mad:
Sure hope I'm proven all wrong.

Anyone on this forum list could go down to the corner and make more money than they currently make. And yes, I AM talking about what you think I am.

I guess it all comes down to how well you sleep at night.

No matter how NU athletics comes out of all this, I lost a TON of respect for the guy who literally was my favorite all time Husker. Key word, was.

I just can't seem to give Trev the hard pass that some can. Hasn't had a boss in a while? Some would be thrilled with that. Even if changes couldn't be made. Suck it up! What I can't forgive is all the "dream job", "greatest place" "special job" "greatest fans" BS we have been given for 2 years. It sure has the appearance that we've been lied to the whole time. It's a business, I get that. But don't blow smoke up our heinies for 2 years and bail. Just my 2 cents. Fire away :mad:
Sure hope I'm proven all wrong.
You are far from wrong. I don’t see how anyone could ever trust this guy again. EVER.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back