• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Thanks for wonderful season.

beans

Scout Team
20 Year Member
First, let me say these ladies have been more fun and the sum total of their actions this season have given many a special moment to this old codger. Looking at the world around us, they have been a breath of fresh air, time after time. I can only hope my granddaughters emulate their love and affection for each other and they're commitment to the Husker Volleyball tradition. They have already achieved a relational "championship" that is a huge net plus for all of us who have cheered them on.

The future is bright. Now, winning the whole enchilada is more than a theory, feeling or level of performance. They've gotten a taste of what it will take, even if it's bitter and the road has been paved with sweat. I can't wait until next season. I hope they'll pull together even more, work just as hard and develop an intensity that brings victory on the court as well as victory in the lessons of life.

After seven plus decades those lessons just keep coming until life becomes a downward slope in health and "performance" wise. Only then, will the lesson of today find its fullness. Because that's the way the good Lord works.

Today was rough, but this team was built for next season, not this one. National Runners-Up is incredible for a team with zero seniors. Congrats and thank you to everyone in the program. Next year is going to be even better!!
Time will provide a better context and I think we'll find this team over-achieved. This was a magical year in many ways and that magic carried them a long way. Add the reality of how it ended and I think we'll see great things down the road from this group of gals. They hit an experienced buzz saw from Texas and we got burned. Yes, the worst kind of pain for any Husker fan. But there are many good times ahead, no doubt. We're in good hands.

It was a great year, until the end, but if you are gonna play the game, there is a high price to pay, for sure. I'm ok to pay that price...this program and these girls make it worth every penny that is the agony of a defeat like this. I am proud of the program, the coaches, these girls. This was a memorable year they gave us and I am grateful. Well done to all involved.
August cannot come fast enough. I can't wait to see what these girls will give us in 2024. Go Big Red.

If the next two recruiting classes remain intact, and the existing team stays together, a long successful run is possible reminiscent of the 2015-2018 run.

First, let me say these ladies have been more fun and the sum total of their actions this season have given many a special moment to this old codger. Looking at the world around us, they have been a breath of fresh air, time after time. I can only hope my granddaughters emulate their love and affection for each other and they're commitment to the Husker Volleyball tradition. They have already achieved a relational "championship" that is a huge net plus for all of us who have cheered them on.

The future is bright. Now, winning the whole enchilada is more than a theory, feeling or level of performance. They've gotten a taste of what it will take, even if it's bitter and the road has been paved with sweat. I can't wait until next season. I hope they'll pull together even more, work just as hard and develop an intensity that brings victory on the court as well as victory in the lessons of life.

After seven plus decades those lessons just keep coming until life becomes a downward slope in health and "performance" wise. Only then, will the lesson of today find its fullness. Because that's the way the good Lord works.
I think this season exceeded all expectations. I predicted a second-place finish in the B1G and possibly as far as the elite eight. Those freshmen and Beason were way better than I thought they would be. In particular, setter Bergen Reilly played much better than I thought she would. She was terrific. Next year is going to be a lot of fun with the new, expanded B1G.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back