• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Texas

Asleep At The Wheel has a rendition of Lucky Ol Sun that will bring tears to your eyes.
Was not familiar with that song... I sat here for quite a while surfing through the various versions. Who didn't record it? Asleep at Wheel was tops.

Interesting, couldn't handle the original Frankie Laine. Dino not so good. Jerry Lee Lewis disappointed. Sinatra OK, but pretty much straight big band no country.

Johnny Cash was very good, as was Ray Charles, Chris Isaak a cut above.

The mix of Big Band & Country is very good. Something for everyone. That was the niche of Bob Wills & Texas Playboys. Straight Big Band can be kind of soul-less. And this song needs soul. You've got to believe the "guy" singing it knows about working in the sun.

Last edited:

What'd he do after that; sign somewhere else? Are you saying she took one for the team; and then he didn't sign?

Who is Johnny Walker? The first time I heard that name was when Joe Willie say he liked his Johnny Walker Red...
It is a reference the movie Johnny B. Good.

Pure goof, but a good time.

Was not familiar with that song... I sat here for quite a while surfing through the various versions. Who didn't record it? Asleep at Wheel was tops.

Interesting, couldn't handle the original Frankie Laine. Dino not so good. Jerry Lee Lewis disappointed. Sinatra OK, but pretty much straight big band no country.

Johnny Cash was very good, as was Ray Charles, Chris Isaak a cut above.

The mix of Big Band & Country is very good. Something for everyone. That was the niche of Bob Wills & Texas Playboys. Straight Big Band can be kind of soul-less. And this song needs soul. You've got to believe the "guy" singing it knows about working in the sun.
The first time I ever heard it was sitting with my Dad as a kid. Willie Nelson's rendition. He plays it very low key, almost like he is saying an evening prayer, while sitting alone with the world.

Much to my dismay, this program is about to become a true power under Sark.

The recruiting is off the charts right now and I think he will be the best coach they have had since Mack.

It will be unpleasant for those of us living here and have UT alums in the family.

The SEC will be tough, but it has also rejuvinated this program.

:(
There is no reason for Texas to ever be as bad as they have been. They are in the heart of some of the best high school football in the nation, have a lot of brand power and tradition, and have plenty of resources to be successful. With that being said, it takes more than that to win and compete for a national title. That will be the true test. The talent is heading there. Will they put it together on the field to get back to where they want to be?

Move to the SEC might have help rejuvenate some of that, but it will also come with its own challenges, namely having to compete with the big dogs.

Big 10 officials are brutal, but I haven't seen referees this bad since the replacement refs did NFL games.

If you’re talking the safety/roughing/targeting call … no the refs got it right.
When I posted, they were getting hosed because it wasn't roughing the passer or targeting.

They still got hosed because it should have been a safety . . . grounding in the endzone.

When I posted, they were getting hosed because it wasn't roughing the passer or targeting.

They still got hosed because it should have been a safety . . . grounding in the endzone.
Young passed the ball before he was down. He was literally on top of a UT defender falling to the ground. His hand was on the ground but not his elbow.

Young passed the ball before he was down. He was literally on top of a UT defender falling to the ground. His hand was on the ground but not his elbow.
The ball is going out of bounds. What receiver is in the area--the guy who's 8 yards away in the other direction? That's intentional grounding in the endzone and a safety. They blew the roughing/targeting and then they also blew the safety.

TX_Bama.jpg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back