• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Texas vs Nebraska game #2 (saturday 5-7-2011 14:05)

Well, what you call excuses, I call facts. If Anderson was fired tonight, I really wouldn't care. But my point all along is that I really doubt that hiring a new coach is going to change much. As I have said numerous times, and will say again, is that until Nebraska produces some top notch athletes, we will continue to struggle in sports like baseball and basketball. I know that DVH and Danny Nee have reached Legend status among many Nebraska fans. But the fact of the matter is that they benefitted greatly from homegrown talent. Yes, go ahead and hire a new coach, but don't hold your breath waiting for any championships in the near future.

Nebraska's population hasn't changed much. This state is never going to produce an abundance of home-grown talent. It just isn't. So NU should drop baseball and basketball?

Please.

Asche up next

2-1 count

fouled back, 2-2

ball, full count

long, long foul ball to right, would have been a HR if fair

ball 4

runner at 1st with 1 down

Nebraska's population hasn't changed much. This state is never going to produce an abundance of home-grown talent. It just isn't. So NU should drop baseball and basketball?

Please.

Yep, KU and KSU have so much homegrown talent on their rosters.

Mentioned before I was at Orioles - Rays game today that Tampa won 8-2 with all their runs scored with two outs. Orioles were 1 for 11 with runners in scoring position. Sound familiar?

Asche goes to 2nd, no steal because of catcher indifference

Kiser batting

3-0 count

called strike, 3-1

S/M, 3-2

error at 1st

Asche scores

runner at 1st with 2 down

NU trails 10-4

Last I noticed in this game we were down 10-0. See that we have begun our comeback.:)

Kalkowski up next

1-1 count

fouled back, 1-2

ground out to 3rd

NU trails 10-4 after 8 innings

ump at 1st may have missed another call

Yost pitching the 9th

Shepherd leading off for Texas

called strike, 0-1 count

fouled 3rd base side, 0-2

ball, 1-2

base hit to left