• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Texas High School State Championship

nems

He Who Shall Not Be Named
20 Year Member
Our school (Austin Westlake)made it to the 6A Division 1 championship game. We’re playing Southlake Carroll.

Should be a great game. We had to upset the 2 time defending champions to make it. Southlake had to upset the #2 team in the State to make it on their side.

Westlake’s coach is the dad of the Southlake coach.

Go Chaps!

4ED656EF-660C-4CFA-BAF3-EC3362ADD30B.jpeg

Our school (Austin Westlake)made it to the 6A Division 1 championship game. We’re playing Southlake Carroll.

Should be a great game. We had to upset the 2 time defending champions to make it. Southlake had to upset the #2 team in the State to make it on their side.

Westlake’s coach is the dad of the Southlake coach.

Go Chaps!

View attachment 58683

Westlake tonight, Dree Brees tomorrow night. That's a full weekend of Westlake.

I sort of adopted Westlake's hated rival, Lake Travis, several years back, as I had a friend with a son who played there (so I attended some LT games). Those two didn't get to play this season. Regardless, I'll root for any Austin team against a non-Austin team.

Last edited:

Westlake tonight, Dree Brees tomorrow night. That's a full weekend of Westlake.

I sort of adopted Westlake's hated rival, Lake Travis, several years back, as I had a friend with a son who played there (so I attended some LT games). Those two didn't get to play this season. Regardless, I'll root for any Austin team against a non-Austin team.

Yeah. That rivalry is a lot of fun. A bunch of good players have gone through those programs. Baker Mayfield is a Lake Travis kid. Our now former lineman Jamies was from Lake Travis.

Westlake has had Brees. Nick Folk. The kicker Justin Tucker.

This game is gonna be a burner. 14-14 1:41 in the first. Westlake just forced first punt of the game.

28-21 at half. Other than running the time out at the end of the 2nd; Westlake is 4-4 on TD drives.

Westlake gets the ball to start 2nd half. This is a real good game.

Westlake marched down to start the 2nd half with a TD. Intercepted Southlake on the their drive. Westlake just scored again. 42-21 just like that.

I tuned in for a little bit. These kids run the offense smoother than us. Isn't Southlake QB the #1 QB for 2022 and of course going to Ohio State?

Yes, Quinn Ewers, the #1 overall recruit of the 2022 class. But Sark is said to be trying to get Ewers to switch back to UT.

52-34 Final. Westlake was too much for them in the 2nd half.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back