• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Texas and OU to SEC

And to other news........

We have reports coming in from Iowa State, Kansas, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech and the rest of the BiG XII.........

istockphoto-955124060-612x612.jpg

And to other news........

We have reports coming in from Iowa State, Kansas, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech and the rest of the BiG XII.........

View attachment 68038
I’m trying to figure out how badly I feel for them, especially our old Big 8 brethren. On the one hand, they kind of did this to themselves by choosing to let Texas basically take over the conference. On the other hand, this is a really bad position for them.

Ok turns out I don’t feel too badly for them. You reap what you sow, and they made their bed with Texas. (How’s that for mixed metaphors?)

I’m trying to figure out how badly I feel for them, especially our old Big 8 brethren. On the one hand, they kind of did this to themselves by choosing to let Texas basically take over the conference. On the other hand, this is a really bad position for them.

Ok turns out I don’t feel too badly for them. You reap what you sow, and they made their bed with Texas. (How’s that for mixed metaphors?)

Yep.

Texas is now 2-0 in conference destruction.

Going for a threepeat!

Last edited:

Yep.

Texas is now 2-0 in conference destruction.

Going for a threepeat!

Yep, either the SEC is going to have to make UT play nice or they will destroy this one too.

Along those lines, anyone know what’s happening to UT’s precious Bevo Network now?? You know, the sole thing that kept them from joining the PAC back 11 years ago?

Yep, either the SEC is going to have to make UT play nice or they will destroy this one too.

Along those lines, anyone know what’s happening to UT’s precious Bevo Network now?? You know, the sole thing that kept them from joining the PAC back 11 years ago?

I don't.

But I can't imagine the S$C would allow it to continue?

First test of the S$C in regards to TexASS.

It will be interesting if the Big12 officials/refs give Texas and OU the wonderful "send off" treatment that they gave the Huskers back in 2010..... :oops:

It will be very interesting to watch the officiating in key Big XII conference games involving Texas and OU while they are still members.

Also worth noting, K-State's AD Gene Taylor will replace Texas AD Chris Del Conte on the CFP Committee for the 2021 season. This could prove to be a very interesting move later this season if Oklahoma is contending for a spot in the CFP. Better go undefeated, Sooners, if you want to have a shot at making the Top 4. Would be awesome if Nebraska was the team to keep OU out of the CFP.

Other CFP Committee members with current/former ties to the Big XII include Will Shields (Nebraska) and Rick George (Colorado AD).

If memory serves, the Pac 12 had a tier 1 media rights contract with Fox, while the Bevo network was on ESPN. That was a big part of the problem. ESPN wasn't going to cancel its contract with Texas so Longhorn home games could be shown on a competitor's network. Fox wasn't willing to pay a ridiculous buyout to ESPN, either.

The SEC has a tier 1 media rights contract with ESPN, so Disney, uh, ESPN should be able to resolve the issue. It's probably more cost effective and efficient for ESPN if it doesn't have to support 2 networks for SEC teams. Besides, nobody outside of Texas fans really cares about the Bevo network. It's a waste of bandwidth.

Last edited:

If memory serves, the Pac 12 had a tier 1 media rights contract with Fox, while the Bevo network was on ESPN. That was a big part of the problem. ESPN wasn't going to cancel its contract with Texas so Longhorn home games could be shown on a competitor's network. Fox wasn't willing to pay a ridiculous buyout to ESPN, either.

The SEC has a tier 1 media rights contract with ESPN, so Disney, uh, ESPN should be able to resolve the issue. It's probably more cost effective and efficient for ESPN if it doesn't have to support 2 networks for SEC teams. Besides, nobody outside of Texas fans really cares about the Bevo network. It's a waste of bandwidth.

Thanks! That makes sense, though I hate it any time something works out for UT.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back