• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Team Caid This little guy is a Huge Husker Fan UPDATE 06/26/21

manawahusker

Scout Team
5 Year Member
Last edited:

Last edited:
Big news for Caid today. The text below in quotations was posted by his mom on the Team Caid facebook page.

“Great cardiology check for Caid! He has been put on the annual check up schedule, which is huge for us. His aortic valve leak is stable and still considered mild. His branched arteries do have some narrowing but that is mild as well and his high altitude restrictions have been lifted . His pacemaker has 3 years left on the battery and we will continue to send in care links to monitor his pacer function. INR is currently therapeutic and we will continue to home test and monitor that. Let the celebrations commence!”

Feel free to follow Caid’s progress on the Team Caid facebook page. It is a closed group but they accept everyone who asks to join the page. He recently was able to submit a wish list to Make a Wish. #2 on his list after Disney was go to a Husker game! He was able to make it to a game last year. It was difficult but the stadium staff did an outstanding job of helping him. He uses a combination of a wheelchair and walker when he’s unable to move on his own. I would like to help his family get the full game day experience. I was thinking of getting 20 of his Team Caid brackets and mailing them along with his story to Frost or Moos along with Caid’s story. They also recently got a picture with Cable Giy holding a Team Caid koozie and a i thought about trying to contact him. I love that little guy and his resilience. Full disclosure his mom is a shirt tail relative to my wife. Regardless though, his story is well known in our community and I would follow him nonetheless.
9DACA3F0-BF29-4951-AE47-CE46FA398296.jpeg

I'd like to see him lead the team onto to the field for a home game even if it requires a golf cart! How cool would that be for him? Anyone that's already gone through what he's obviously been through really deserves something special. Getting up close and personal with the entire Husker team would be just the ticket imo. Lets all work to see if we can make that come true for Caid...........

Last edited:
I'd like to see him lead the team onto to the field for a home game even if it requires a golf cart! How cool would that be for him? Anyone that's already gone through what he's obviously been through really deserves something special. Getting up close and personal with the entire Husker team would be just the ticket imo. Lets all work to see if we can make that come true for Caid...........

Couldn't agree more. It would be an awesome moment.

Caid has been having some issues lately with seizures. Below his a post from his mom on his most recent diagnosis.

“Saw neurologist today. Caid's EEG showed many spikes. Due to his stroke, he is at a bigger risk of seizure activity. He was diagnosed today with Focal Seizures and Tourettes. As he grows, his brain grows/changes ... the effects of his stroke on his brain change as well. He will be inpatient for a 24-48 hour EEG in the near future in order to establish how many of these seizures we are dealing with and what effect they are having. Although there are a few medications that can be prescribed for these seizures and to help him with the pain, discomfort, muscle spasms and inflammation that these seizures produce, we also have to keep in the forefront, his cardiac safety and the effects on his INR and blood pressure. He is an oddity for sure. Our first attempt at treatment will be CBD as it has not been known to raise the heart rate and we feel this is the least dangerous to him. We will be checking his liver enzymes and monitoring his INR closely to watch for any changes. We have some hoops ahead of us, but I'm a jumper when it comes to my Prince and have the ball rolling. I am praying that this helps him and appreciate your prayers as well. We are humbled by your support. Thank you.”

Big Day for Caid. He is all hooked up and they will be monitoring his seizure activity for the next day and hopefully be able to come up with a solution for him. Several of the standard treatments are off the table for him due to his heart. This kid has been through so much in his 8 short years, I’m really hopeful they can figure something out for him. Good luck Caid!

74EB42B8-69A9-4388-A01A-2145BF71C498.jpeg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back