• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

TE Benjamin Brahmer Flips To Iowa State

I really don't know. But I think it is in his (and his family's) character to not flip from ISU back to Nebraska. He only flipped to ISU due to Frost being fired, contemplated it for the whole season, and obviously didn't drink HCMR's koolaid. I do have some insider "rumors" from friends back in Pierce but I will not post them on here.

Unlike most on here , I "believe" I know why he picked ISU. But even with that, why he wouldn't go to Iowa or KSU, or anyone else from a FOOTBALL standpoint is very perplexing. Ames is barely double Norfolk, NE's size, has very, very average facilities, average fan support, and does NOT have anywhere the NIL that Nebraska has, and has a very average football program. (I know, Nebraska isn't lighting anything on fire but the potential is there). But, too each their own I guess.
He may have had to grind it out a little before he'd be on the field in Nebraska. ISU might have promised him immediate playing time. Big fish in a small sea right off the bat. I admittedly don't know the kid or what his character is but I don't think that scenario is all that uncommon with high school kids.

If he wants to be at Iowa State, then go for it. But I don't understand how that is a better place in a fading Big 12 than moving to a premier league that will get him on TV against Ohio State, or MIchigan, or USC, etc.
that doesnt mean anything, brock purdy is now starting for the 49ers. being in the sec or b1g doesnt guarantee you a nfl contract. especially if you are buried on a depth chart and get no playing time. see any top10 school whose players are now in the portal.

He may have had to grind it out a little before he'd be on the field in Nebraska. ISU might have promised him immediate playing time. Big fish in a small sea right off the bat. I admittedly don't know the kid or what his character is but I don't think that scenario is all that uncommon with high school kids.
You can promise all the immediate playing time you want but if you aren't ready, you aren't ready. Agree, if he is at Nebraska, he would need a few years as a TE for development unless he switched to the WR/Slot role. Maybe ISU will just throw him into the fray right away, ready or not? The Big 12 is going to get a lot weaker once OU/UT leave (and "powers" BYU, UCF, Houston, and Cincinnati join) so at least he won't face as tough of competition as he would in the Big Ten, so he has that going for him. The Big 12 is basically going to become a non-P5 conference, or, at best, a weak P5 conference. You don't lose what they have (and replace with the teams they did) and still stay a tough Power 5 conference.

He comes from a good family, that is for sure. He won't flip back to UN.

my step brother works at isu, its not attractive...
I have stopped in Ames itself while traveling the interstate. Talk about a town in the middle of nowhere, with not much going on, that somehow has a FBS college!

You can promise all the immediate playing time you want but if you aren't ready, you aren't ready. Agree, if he is at Nebraska, he would need a few years as a TE for development unless he switched to the WR/Slot role. Maybe ISU will just throw him into the fray right away, ready or not? The Big 12 is going to get a lot weaker once OU/UT leave (and "powers" BYU, UCF, Houston, and Cincinnati join) so at least he won't face as tough of competition as he would in the Big Ten, so he has that going for him. The Big 12 is basically going to become a non-P5 conference, or, at best, a weak P5 conference. You don't lose what they have (and replace with the teams they did) and still stay a tough Power 5 conference.

He comes from a good family, that is for sure. He won't flip back to UN.
"powers", that gave me a good laugh. while shocking at first, im cooling to the loss, weve seen kids leave. bryson williams comes to mind, right there in lincoln, left to play for the badgers, had a decent career, played in most of the games but only started 3, ultimately not getting him probably didnt matter. who knows if this situation will be the same, but it just shows one player usually isn't the end of the world.

"powers", that gave me a good laugh. while shocking at first, im cooling to the loss, weve seen kids leave. bryson williams comes to mind, right there in lincoln, left to play for the badgers, had a decent career, played in most of the games but only started 3, ultimately not getting him probably didnt matter. who knows if this situation will be the same, but it just shows one player usually isn't the end of the world.
Yeah, I was being facetious calling those schools "powers".:nod:

ISU is returning a better TE room than NU next year. Plus he’s the 699th ranked player in the class. So a promise of immediate pt seems unlikely. Maybe he wants to study aerospace engineering. I know a couple of kids who went to ISU for that.

ISU is returning a better TE room than NU next year. Plus he’s the 699th ranked player in the class. So a promise of immediate pt seems unlikely. Maybe he wants to study aerospace engineering. I know a couple of kids who went to ISU for that.
Could be. That'd be admirable of him, actually going after an education.

Well my guess is he and his family didnt like Rhule. Post about his family is not the type to flip back well they flipped once already...

This reeks of acedemic interference. kids considering academics when considering a college leaves quit a stench when viewed by sports fans….

:Sarcasm:
Did the academic consideration change recently? If he is going to ISU for academic reasons, he could have made that choice a long time ago.

Well my guess is he and his family didnt like Rhule. Post about his family is not the type to flip back well they flipped once already...

Your guess is Wrong they did like Rhule

The decision was already made before Coach Ruhle visited

A relationship was built with Iowa State after Frost was fired and they went after him hard

He will sign with Iowa State in 15 days

Very best to him

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back