• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

TE Benjamin Brahmer Flips To Iowa State

The majority of our team is made up of kids we took from other states. Sure we want to keep home grown talent, but if we lose a few it's not going to keep the program from moving forward. Never know how some of these kids' abilities would fit into Rhule's system.

My take on this is that there is talent in state. I, like everyone else, doesn't want to lose that talent. However, the staff that started recruiting him, almost at the exclusion of other tight ends, had a very scketchy eye for talent in recruiting. Their biggest gets in two years were portal finds. just look at the attrition the last staff had with recruits. So.... if some of the targets of this past regime go elsewhere- let it happen. The new staff can't do any worse than the 3.5 win mark set by the old staff with or without this year's lost targets. Portal shall continue to provide until Rhule's recruiting trails are carved out. Now fire away-I can handle it.

So much for the article posted earlier about Rhule and in-home visits.

If it weren't for bad luck, Nebraska would have no luck at all right now!

Dang. Odd that he flipped right after the visit.

Family did not bond with Mickey

Gave Iowa State an in

Coach Ruhle seemed to connect

Obviously not enough time to build a relationship

Plans to sign 21 December thus little time to build a relationship

Last edited:

The majority of our team is made up of kids we took from other states. Sure we want to keep home grown talent, but if we lose a few it's not going to keep the program from moving forward. Never know how some of these kids' abilities would fit into Rhule's system.

Respectfully disagree with this take. We have an inherent disadvantages as a state with limited numbers of kids having D1 potential. Locking down our borders to secure the best players should be of critical importance. Rhule gets it but he hasn’t had time to build it up yet. This is, yet another, stain on the previous staff IMO.

What do we have waiting in the wings at the TE position? Could affect his decision.
Just did a quick check and currently have 12 TEs on the roster. I believe Vokolek and Brewington have used up their eligibility, although these days who knows. So, while they have plenty, if they're looking to the portal it must mean there aren't many of the remaining 10 that they consider contributors. While I think that kid was very good, a man amongst boys in his class, not sure it's panic because of his decommit. I never understood the sky is falling attitude for some. I know Rhule said he will lock down the state, but he's been on the job for less than 2 weeks.

Last edited:

I really wish we had a 'shoulder shrug' emoji, I know losing a in state prospect to anywhere is not ideal, but I just can't get excited about someone who has never played a down of college football. Nothing against the kid, but if he is happier somewhere else then, go kid, have fun.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back