• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

TCU DE Transfer Ochaun Mathis Will Decide 30 April 3 PM CDT: Trending To Nebraska

Ah so no Spring game....Interesting indeed to say the least

He lives in Austin so a short visit not a big deal

He has been in the portal just over three months and could visit UT as often as he wants and yet Nebraska is still in this

More than likely wants to make his decision before next weekend and they wanted one last chance to sell themselves.

He's actually in Austin this weekend and next weekend. I'm not sure what to make of that. I believe that would be three total visits to Austin.

Luckily for Longhorn fans, Mathis was on campus to observe the scrimmage Saturday and will return for an official visit on April 23 for the annual Orange-White spring game.

Last edited:

He's actually in Austin this weekend and next weekend. I'm not sure what to make of that. I believe that would be three total visits to Austin.

He can make as many unofficial visits he wants as long as it's not a quiet or dead period

Which as far as I know it's only the second one since he entered the portal on 12 January to Texas. Which is interesting itself

When he chose TCU out of high school he made numerous unofficial visits to Texas. Granted under a previous staff but ended up in Fort Worth

Only one official visit is allowed per school in the portal or out of high school and a total of five if they choose to visit five schools

We will know soon enough what he means

Like I said I have no clue who he will pick

Per the portal rules he has to let the school he plans to go to know by May 1 in order to be considered for a one time transfer eligibility this fall

Oh and Gary Patterson is an analyst (special assistant to the head coach) so he can not officially recruit Mathis.

Like I said going to be interesting

Last edited:
Oh and Gary Patterson is an analyst (special assistant to the head coach) so he can not officially recruit Mathis.

Like I said going to be interesting

But he apparently can "unofficially."

1650261446517.png

Last edited:

Hopefully he comes here but sometimes it's hard to get a kid to leave his home state! Fort Worth is less than 200 miles from Austin and Patterson is at Texas. I read comparisons between him and Randy Gregory. We could certainly use big time pass rusher!

Hopefully he comes here but sometimes it's hard to get a kid to leave his home state! Fort Worth is less than 200 miles from Austin and Patterson is at Texas. I read comparisons between him and Randy Gregory. We could certainly use big time pass rusher!

We have gotten a lot of kids to leave their homes states over the years

Our program does not have enough in-state kids as we all know to survive without kids from other states

Turner Gill cones to mind from Texas

Trev Albert's comes to mind from Iowa

Touchdown Tommie from Florida comes to mind

Cam Taylor Britt comes to mind from Georgia

We have Coach Applewhite who just came from TCU

Our program does not have enough in-state kids as we all know to survive without kids from other states

where did I say anywhere in my post that we cant get out of state players???? My post stated that it is understandable why some kids stay close to home. You kind of went off the rails there!

Last edited:
where did I say anywhere in my post that we cant get out of state players???? My post stated that it is understandable why some kids stay close to home. You kind of went off the rails th

You stated sometimes it's hard to get players out of their home state and I simply pointed the success we have had doing so with some high profile guys

I thought it was a civil exchange honestly with no harm done

Have a nice day

You stated sometimes it's hard to get players out of their home state and I simply pointed the success we have had doing so with some high profile guys

I thought it was a civil exchange honestly with no harm done

Have a nice day
Yes have a nice day! It's been a continuing trend of you disputing anything I post. I am in favor of civil discussions!

CTB is from Alabama

Welp, it looked like a lock based on all the interweb "Intel" and relatives friends mother's inside scoops. But in the end, none of us have a clue unless one is connected, and there are only a few here who truly are. The Mathis story is yet another example as by most accounts, he's a hard Texas lean now.

On to the next.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back