• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Taylor When Less Than 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't forget how bad his numbers were. Something else to keep in mind: through 4 starts this season, Martinez has only one run longer than 19 yards. Without that big-play ability with his feet, what is the point in having him in there? He's probably the 3rd or 4th best passer on the roster.

So I'm just wondering, you seem to be in full support of Bo, which is cool and everything but isn't it a poor coaching decision to go with this kid when he's hurt? Personally, I think it has been a poor coaching decision to begin with but that's just me.

enjoy your view from the bench the rest of the season TM. time to move forward with the rest of the season with RKIII and TA

It's funny I started a thread during the bye week that we should consider keeping TA in regardless of his less than stellar showing vs Purdue. I feel like the young mans maturity in how he even handled his mishaps in that game far surpasses even what we saw of Martinez at any point in his career. There were so many who chimed in stating you go with TM because he's earned the start....:rolleyes: Was it earned or was it given? He's done so much because he's been here so long. The kid had not practiced in 5-6 weeks and yet the staff thought it was a good idea to start him over a promising freshman. I mean really, what is it with this staff trying to provide a "scare factor" in games. Even when you see it's not happening then you still leave him out. Armstrong and Kellogg didn't even warm up on the side line not once. Meaning they wasn't even hinted that they may come in.

Some good stats in Sam McKeon piece. I knew Taylor did not finish strong in 2010 but guess forgot how bad his numbers were. Those along with the UCLA game this year shows when not totally fit his numbers drop off the chart. Take away the ability to kick it into high gear his game is not the same. No matter what Bo sees in his eyes unless he can kick it into gear he needs to sit.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20131028/HUSKERS/131028573

I didn't forget how bad his numbers were. Something else to keep in mind: through 4 starts this season, Martinez has only one run longer than 19 yards. Without that big-play ability with his feet, what is the point in having him in there? He's probably the 3rd or 4th best passer on the roster.
I am stunned that *cough* Mort *cough* hasn't been by to slap you with all of TM's career passing records.

Pelini's bromance with Martinez has always befuddled me. Sorry to bring up old wounds, but having a 17 point lead on Oklahoma at halftime of the 2010 Big 12 title game and not pulling an obviously hobbled freshman was ridiculous! So, I was not surprised at all to see him thrown to the wolves again last Saturday!

IMO T-Mart should NOT have started the Minn game! It made NO SENSE to me considering his long lay off and lack of contact over that time period. Why wouldn't a prudent coach go with either TA or RKG and see how the game goes. Was Minn supposed to be a huge threat? No it wasn't yet Bo still started T-Mart.... at BEST his physical condition was questionable. T-Mart is watching his last season slip away and Bo asks him if he's a 100%? What do you think he's going to say? Doesn't take a MENSA member to figure out T-Marts going to say he's a 100%.

Now to make matter WORSE we're in the game starting the 2nd half!!! T-Marts not having a good game and looks tentative! OK... so what does Bo do? Why of course he leaves him the entire 2nd half... genius at work? How much did all those 3 and outs hurt an already fragile defense? Who knows but it sure didn't help!! I am not saying T-Mart LOST the game but I am saying that Bo's idiotic decision did. I think it's why he was so contrite at the pressor!! What can he say expect T-Mart wasn't the problem... right... you bet!!

I honestly believe Bo wanted to cram T-Mart up every fans "you know what" and say.. "See I told ya so"!!!!!!!! It backfired and then it spiraled out of control leaving in T-Mart for the entire game! That's ALL on Bo... NO ONE ELSE!! NO ONE! Did it derail the season? Probably so but we'll have to wait and see....... Bottom line........ IF Bo gets canned he has absolutely no on to blame but himself. Therefore I have ZERO sympathy. He had every opportunity to bring in a OC and DC with a lot of experience. Nope.. he's wanted a couple of yes men and he got them! I think Bo feels threatened by anyone that has experience but doesn't agree with him.......

Bo is the architect of his own demise if that's what happens............

I started a thread late night after the game and it got pushed off the first page so no action but it basically stated the following.

Bo has an agenda and I think I figured it out. After tape gate the blow back was so bad that he has decided to sabotage himself. There is no other way I can see why any coach with half a brain would leave TM in after the first quarter much less the first half. I have always felt that a first time head coach needs about 10 or so years to truly build a program. Outside of Urb almost all MNC coaches had on average 10+ years as a head coach. What I saw today though really baffles me and I can only assume that he wants out of NU. If TM even starts one more game this year I will finally be off the Bo-wagon and wish him all the best in the future.

[video=youtube;z5rRZdiu1UE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE[/video]

Last edited:
[h=2]Taylor When Less Than 100% = worthlessness.[/h]

Taylor at 100% = worthlessness. He brings the entire team down with his lack of leadership. He is not a QB. If you can't see that from watching TA or RK.... They were a breathe of fresh air from just the way they play the position. They are QBs, Taylor is a 100m man. Ask Mr. Mora..

Last edited:
IMO T-Mart should NOT have started the Minn game! It made NO SENSE to me considering his long lay off and lack of contact over that time period. Why wouldn't a prudent coach go with either TA or RKG and see how the game goes. Was Minn supposed to be a huge threat? No it wasn't yet Bo still started T-Mart.... at BEST his physical condition was questionable. T-Mart is watching his last season slip away and Bo asks him if he's a 100%? What do you think he's going to say? Doesn't take a MENSA member to figure out T-Marts going to say he's a 100%.

Now to make matter WORSE we're in the game starting the 2nd half!!! T-Marts not having a good game and looks tentative! OK... so what does Bo do? Why of course he leaves him the entire 2nd half... genius at work? How much did all those 3 and outs hurt an already fragile defense? Who knows but it sure didn't help!! I am not saying T-Mart LOST the game but I am saying that Bo's idiotic decision did. I think it's why he was so contrite at the pressor!! What can he say expect T-Mart wasn't the problem... right... you bet!!

I honestly believe Bo wanted to cram T-Mart up every fans "you know what" and say.. "See I told ya so"!!!!!!!! It backfired and then it spiraled out of control leaving in T-Mart for the entire game! That's ALL on Bo... NO ONE ELSE!! NO ONE! Did it derail the season? Probably so but we'll have to wait and see....... Bottom line........ IF Bo gets canned he has absolutely no on to blame but himself. Therefore I have ZERO sympathy. He had every opportunity to bring in a OC and DC with a lot of experience. Nope.. he's wanted a couple of yes men and he got them! I think Bo feels threatened by anyone that has experience but doesn't agree with him.......

Well stated. I can see where he wanted to get the rust off Taylor but he should have held off starting him.

I agree, but you are just like my boss. He makes every meeting an hour when it could last. 10 min. Tired of the long posts that could be done on three sentences. Sorry, I am lazy, I don't like to read that much when it could of been done in a couple of sentences. Just my pet peeve.

Last edited:

Since the beginning of the Martinez era:

Martinez starts (30-13) 69%
Someone else starts: (5-0) 100%

Small sample size but somewhat interesting.
Perhaps, but not illuminating. You have to look at the competition. TM played every snap in our two losses this year, but those were the two best teams we've played.
But I too was mad every time he came in the second half. He clearly wasn't 100%, and the other two might have sparked the team.

I started a thread late night after the game and it got pushed off the first page so no action but it basically stated the following.

Bo has an agenda and I think I figured it out. After tape gate the blow back was so bad that he has decided to sabotage himself. There is no other way I can see why any coach with half a brain would leave TM in after the first quarter much less the first half. I have always felt that a first time head coach needs about 10 or so years to truly build a program. Outside of Urb almost all MNC coaches had on average 10+ years as a head coach. What I saw today though really baffles me and I can only assume that he wants out of NU. If TM even starts one more game this year I will finally be off the Bo-wagon and wish him all the best in the future.

[video=youtube;z5rRZdiu1UE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE[/video]
If paranoia is all you've got, go with it.
This is reminiscent of the old Raider players saying Callahan tanked the Super Bowl.

If paranoia is all you've got, go with it.
This is reminiscent of the old Raider players saying Callahan tanked the Super Bowl.

Gruden just knew everything that Cally was going to do. Cally got out coached and butt whipped.

In regards to Bo, paranoia is not all I have. However the more I think about the game and TM staying in for every series, Occam's razor comes to my mind. Only one assumption, he wants out. I doubt that is it, with that said it is more plausible than TM or family having the goods on Bo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back