• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Tanner Lee is 'N'

Status
Not open for further replies.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Competition will bring the best out of me</p>&mdash; Patrick O'Brien™ (@oneandonlyPOB) <a href="https://twitter.com/oneandonlyPOB/status/693596998306545666">January 31, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

i dont know much about lee. however, if anyones reasoning against him are his stats as a freshman starter, and because we think we already will have a freshman starter lined up....well doesn't that just suck for us. not every freshman QB is going to be lohnny manziel or jamies winston. keep in mind tommy armstrongs struggles a couple years ago and how we needed kellogg to bail us out a few games. this will be a roller coaster. as the experience of our QB goes so will our team

So i guess you disagree with me. What exactly did i say that is incorrect. The biggest factor in that loss was turnovers by the Qb. This will at least give us an experienced back up.

Sorry but this subject has been argued ad-nauseum. Fyfe had 2 ints that were on him, not to mention over 400 yds. passing. Defense sucked that day. Sorry for the mini-hijack, carry on.

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; width: 500px; height: 159.766px; padding: 0px; border: none; max-width: 100%; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;" data-tweet-id="693596998306545666" title="Twitter Tweet"></iframe>
<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

:thumbsup:<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;"></iframe>

Sorry but this subject has been argued ad-nauseum. Fyfe had 2 ints that were on him, not to mention over 400 yds. passing. Defense sucked that day. Sorry for the mini-hijack, carry on.

We will have plenty of time tonarguenit B4 next season. :Biggrin: so i acceptnthe truce to get this thread back on course. :whiteflag:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Competition will bring the best out of me</p>— Patrick O'Brien™ (@oneandonlyPOB) <a href="https://twitter.com/oneandonlyPOB/status/693596998306545666">January 31, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Awesome quote that is what we want.

Awesome quote that is what we want.

That is an awesome quote from POB. It really shows how good of a leader he is because he can see how great it is to have experienced depth like this - it may really may come in handy to help us bridge the gap in QB talent. Also, I agree with both you and Gene regarding the Purdue game. Ryker showed signs of brilliance passing for 400 yards. The 4 turnovers were killers but the defense needs to step up and hold them to fg's and create turnovers themselves instead of giving up TD's.

That is an awesome quote from POB. It really shows how good of a leader he is because he can see how great it is to have experienced depth like this - it may really may come in handy to help us bridge the gap in QB talent. Also, I agree with both you and Gene regarding the Purdue game. Ryker showed signs of brilliance passing for 400 yards. The 4 turnovers were killers but the defense needs to step up and hold them to fg's and create turnovers themselves instead of giving up TD's.

In defense of the defense, Purdue had a ridiculously short field on most of their scoring drives.

Great competition would only improve and motiveate POB and offer other options incase of injury or other issues.

QB coaching can really do wonders. Coaching is there,o-line will be there,receivers are among the very best. One of these QB's has to step up. Hope the competition is wide open this year and every year going forward.

Wise move by nu imo.

After this year TA and Fyfe are gone. It's been said on here that one of Bush or Darlington will transfer. Your qb list in 2017 would be POB, maybe Darlington and whatever true frosh NU recruited in this next class. That would be cutting it a little thin imo. And college starting experience to boot.

This is the key imo. Having an experienced QB in 17 is critical in case of injury. I'm not thinking this staff is expecting Darlington or Bush to contribute. Whether 17 is POB 1 and Lee 2 or the other way around it will be important to have depth. Good move and great job by the staff to make this happen.

This is the key imo. Having an experienced QB in 17 is critical in case of injury. I'm not thinking this staff is expecting Darlington or Bush to contribute. Whether 17 is POB 1 and Lee 2 or the other way around it will be important to have depth. Good move and great job by the staff to make this happen.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back