• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Talman says Armstrong is in!

Status
Not open for further replies.
At 6-foot-1, 200 pounds, Armstrong is a pure quarterback recruit for the Huskers, having playing in Cibolo’s pro-style offense. Cibolo won a Texas state title last year with Armstrong at the helm, though current Texas freshman running back Malcolm Brown carried most of the load.

In highlight films, Armstrong, a three-star player according to 24/7 Sports, has shown an ability to play from under center, throw on the run, and scramble when necessary. Like current NU quarterbacks Taylor Martinez and Brion Carnes, he’ll have to get more adept at running the option.

He picked the Huskers over Southern Mississippi – where he had family nearby – but also claimed offers from Oregon, Mississippi State and Missouri, among other schools.

More here:

http://sports.omaha.com/2011/09/19/recruiting-nebraska-lands-tommy-armstrong/

Any word on Tommy doing any interviews this evening on local radio?

He was just on Unsportsmanlike Conduct about 30 minutes ago and said he is done with his recruitment, no more talking to other coaches. Mostly because of his relationship with the coaches. Feels like Beck and the new offense fit what he does now in high school. They asked him about playing other positions and he said he wasn't promised anything, kind of went around the question I thought. But it sounded like he is planning to play QB as he said Carnes and Martinez depth he didn't look at very much when trying to decide.

This kid is a quarterback....and has the potential to be a real good one....has a great arm, runs well and a good head on his shoulders....needs some work on mechanics....but that is an easy one to fix....I don't see him playing anywhere else....

He was just on Unsportsmanlike Conduct about 30 minutes ago and said he is done with his recruitment, no more talking to other coaches. Mostly because of his relationship with the coaches. Feels like Beck and the new offense fit what he does now in high school. They asked him about playing other positions and he said he wasn't promised anything, kind of went around the question I thought. But it sounded like he is planning to play QB as he said Carnes and Martinez depth he didn't look at very much when trying to decide.

Here is the podcast of the interview:

http://1620thezone.com/page.php?page_id=116

Said he was recruited as a quarterback.....not promised anything as far as playing time goes.....has to earn everything...good interview...sounds like a real smart kid...

Best fit for him....not a problem having to compete....

Asked him about Texas kids commiting to Nebraska...not a big factor....sounds like his family may move closer to get to some games....his Mom lives in Mississippi....biggest reason he considered USM....

In the end it was what was best for him....that was Nebraska....no more visits....he is solid...:)

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back