• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Take a look back

GIFRRO

Scout Team
10 Year Member
I did
Whats your memories of fh first years here?
Alonzo verge ball hogging it to the point of getting benched and frustration with fans and coach?
The mcgowens brothers chucking it up with no offense continuity?
Or maybe teddy buckets launching shots all over, as if shot count was the key?

If theres any doubt why we are where we are today, look at this team? See any of the above
The change in recruiting philosophy has been monumental
Until one reminds himself of the past, its easy to forget
Kudos to hcfh and adta for evaluating an executing what needed to be done.

Folks we are about to end up 4th in a big ten of 14 teams that include indiana, msu, mich, iowa, osu etc etc
And beat 2 of the 3 teams that ended up ahead of us!!!

GBR

Last edited:

I did
Alonzo verge ball hogging it to the point of getting benched and frustration with fans and coach?

If theres any doubt why we are where we are today, look at this team? See any of the above

Folks we are about to end up 4th in a big ten of 14 teams that include indiana, msu, mich, iowa etc etc

GBR
Boom!

I did

Folks we are about to end up 4th in a big ten of 14 teams that include indiana, msu, mich, iowa, osu etc etc

GBR
Nice post.

Very first memories of Husker Basketball was Jerry Fort. The 1882 point career scorer. The 19-8 Husker BBall team from ‘75-‘76.

My very first memories was the Huskers win over #1 Missouri back in 1982. Moe Iba had some decent teams back then. I was in jr high, and we had just moved down into Tiger land, just outside of Columbia. We could still pick up KFAB all the way down there.

Last edited:

I did

GBR
It was like watching a pick up game at lunch time at the YMCA.......a very bad pick up game. Anyone else think next year's team is going to be better than this year's?

I did

And beat 2 of the 3 teams that ended up ahead of us
It was like watching a pick up game at lunch time at the YMCA.......a very bad pick up game. Anyone else think next year's team is going to be better than this year's?
Also remember Fred getting sick at the beginning of the Big 10 tournament in 2020 and everyone thinking he just gave thousands of people covid when he just had the flu. The way he looked and felt that night pretty much sumed up that season.

Some of my earliest memories include Nate Branch, Stu Lantz, and Tom Baack, all playing for Joe Cipriano. One of my favorite memories are hearing the crowd over the radio "SIT DOWN NORM"! But to Norm's credit, the first Missouri game in 1995, when the Tigers came out in all red warmups, with "Congratulations Coach Osborne" on the front.

impossible to predict because it depends so much on who they snag in the portal and who comes back. If we get everyone back that didnt do senior night, and we get 2 studs from the portal to go along with the two frosh coming in, I think we will be. But we cant strike out in the portable and we cant have Mast and Gary and Brice leave..........or even 2 out of 3 leave

impossible to predict because it depends so much on who they snag in the portal and who comes back. If we get everyone back that didnt do senior night, and we get 2 studs from the portal to go along with the two frosh coming in, I think we will be. But we cant strike out in the portable and we cant have Mast and Gary and Brice leave..........or even 2 out of 3 leave

I suppose it is possible, but I have a hard time thinking that any of the 3 mentioned are leaving to go elsewhere. Could they go to teams that have a better pedigree in college basketball? Yeah they probably can, but they aren't IMO going to get anymore NIL money or close to the adulation they are getting at Nebraska.

I would worry more about guys like Diop and Rice moving on to other schools. I think both of them could play a lot more next year. They both just need to get stronger and a little heavier. Diop might fill that Allick spot and be that hustle guy next year. I think there is lots of potential in those 2.

They do need a good big man out of the portal and a point guard is essential. I can't help thinking that Chucky Hepburn may come home and finish his senior year at Nebraska. Damon Benning has hinted at this a few times when you here him talk. He is probably talking out his arse but he usually knows what is going on around the metro area.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back