• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

sweet 16

Fifteen of the 16 teams were the hosting teams. The only top 16 seed to lose was Creighton- and they lost in the first round.
Too bad 4 of the 5 B1G teams play each other in the next round.

Crayton has a junior setter from Grand Island Central Catholic on the roster, didn't play in the Auburn match, noting she only played in 8 sets all season so not a big contributor on the team. At the press conference Coach Booth said their best option for a setter in their last match was a player listed as hitter/setter, noting she hadn't truly played as a setter for "awhile". I laugh at the "coulda - woulda - shoulda" excuses about missing a player during a contest and the final result. You build a roster and that's what you have available for the season and post-season.

Crayton has a junior setter from Grand Island Central Catholic on the roster, didn't play in the Auburn match, noting she only played in 8 sets all season so not a big contributor on the team. At the press conference Coach Booth said their best option for a setter in their last match was a player listed as hitter/setter, noting she hadn't truly played as a setter for "awhile". I laugh at the "coulda - woulda - shoulda" excuses about missing a player during a contest and the final result. You build a roster and that's what you have available for the season and post-season.
It's almost like not having a backup QB ready to play in case your starter got hurt. Who ever heard of such a thing?

I didn’t watch the Oregon/Arkansas game, but I think Oregon seemed beatable. Girls need to get a lot of things cleaned up, but hoping for one more round (and then another and another…)

Kinda feel folks being a tad harsh on Booth. I don't disagree with the sentiment that plan B always needs to be ready to execute...yet the girl who did set Friday for "Creighton" was a full time setter before arriving at CU. No excuses here for Booth and CU, but one surely can appreciate the blow that was to CU to have your 2-year starting setter unavailable for round one of the tournament.

I also think the Minnesota AD will make contact with Booth to gauge her interest in his opening...

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back