• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Sure seems quiet

Status
Not open for further replies.
At first glance this comparison with Muschamp is completely valid, both successful DCs with the proper ingredients ( Suh, Dorsey) that seems to somehow translate to being considered as HC material and then proceeding to not pan out. Muschamp had 12 starters go down and played a schedule Bo has yet to equal in 6 years. His blowout loss came from FSU and other weird losses to the likes of a Vanderbilt team that has yet to play their bowl game. His loss to an FCS team was pretty abysmal but Pelini has struggled with FCS teams as well. Pelini is in his 6th year and still having Iowa games, Muschamp in his third and the only reason Muschamp still has a job considering he came of an 11-2 season. You can fire a 6 year coach for still fielding teams that get blown out and lack fundamentals, not so much a 3 or 4 year coach. This is why firing Pelini after that Texas game in Lincoln would have been questionable even though it was obvious we were headed in the wrong direction. I will say neither Pelini nor Muschamp appear to be head coaching material unless they could find someone to recruit Suhs and Dorseys for them but a HC is a lot different than a DC. If Muschamp has another year where he loses the types of games we lost this year, he will be gone, UF fans will insist on it and get their way.

Seriously?

The best team Florida beat this year was Toledo. Their three wins in the SEC were against teams that combined to win two conference games all year (both wins by Tennessee). They lost by double digits four times. They lost to an FCS team that really wasn't very good.

Most damning is that they went 4-8. I don't care what your schedule looks like (and Florida's was decent, but not murderous), a 4-8 record at a place like Florida is terrible. Injuries or otherwise, they should do better. Instead, they just rolled over and died.

Nebraska, on the other hand, continued to fight back despite injuries, and managed to go 9-4.

Great job, Coach Bo!!!

True. We had mistakes, but the effort and execution overall was light years different than the Iowa and Michigan St games.

As I said the same in my Bo post, even if Georgia would have caught the pass at the end and won I was proud of Bo and how the team played!

So, sorry Nems I don't see what you mean!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back