• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Sumlin to UCF

Frost would have easily won 3 more games than MR this season, maybe more.

Maybe. But lets not create false expectations. Frost was very clear today that he was happy to have a 7 year runway to get this team to liftoff. I get a feeling he thinks Nebraska is more of a turnaround project than UCF was when he took over.

I fly to Nebraska every week for games and know this isn’t a quick turnaround. I do know he is easily 3 better than Riley. We will not go 4-8 next year.

He should...because it isn't a 4-8 roster nor is it a "dumpster fire". He can win and win right away. I'm not saying Big 10 titles but there's no team in the west that NU needs to take a back seat to.

Agree. We had enough talent to play toe-to-toe with many of our opponents for a good portion of several losses. Much of what ails this team is in between their ears and was the product of poor game planiing and poor preparation.

Last edited:

Sumlin did great things at Houston before TAMU. Will learn a lot about recruiting in Florida to go along with his extensive knowledge of recruiting in Texas. Smart move on his part.

Actually, IMO, Sumlin is probably a better AAC or CUSA type coach than he is P5 right now.

Glad they got who they got and they will be happy about it. Had Moos announced Sumlin, there would have been statewide melt downs in NE.

Sumlin is a good coach and did reasonably well at TAMU. He had issues handling players (losing too many to transfers, including legacies) but his overall record isn't that bad considering they had moved into the SEC which no matter how much people want to claim otherwise is the toughest top to bottom league around.

He did inherit a pretty nice situation at Houston from Art Briles who is probably one of the best judges of offensive talent and offensive minds around. But he maintained that level of success even after most of Briles players were gone.

Yes, I might have questioned Sumlin at Nebraska; but I'd rank him ahead of a number of alternatives not named Scott Frost. He may be a better AAC or CUSA coach than P5, but so might be Frost. One thing is certain, we will find out.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back