• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Suh Stomps Packer, Wrecks car, LIES....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I missing something here? The police were on scene within minutes.... first Cop says no injuries...two more cops show later and say "no injuries"... I had 6 stitches put in along my left eyebrow 2 months ago... had it done at urgent care... in and out... hit a curb on my bike going 5mph (im a clutz) within 30 seconds of the injury I looked like I went 12 rounds with with a young Tyson. Blood running down my cheek. I was dizzy and lite headed for 30 minutes or so after... Had a black eye for two weeks, but the bruising on my eye didnt show for at least 36 hours afterwards.

Anyway, Im not saying she wasnt hurt, and i know bruising etc can show up days later... but how can that cut over her eyebrow not be noticed by her and the cops immediately???

Am I missing something here? The police were on scene within minutes.... first Cop says no injuries...two more cops show later and say "no injuries"... I had 6 stitches put in along my left eyebrow 2 months ago... had it done at urgent care... in and out... hit a curb on my bike going 5mph (im a clutz) within 30 seconds of the injury I looked like I went 12 rounds with with a young Tyson. Blood running down my cheek. I was dizzy and lite headed for 30 minutes or so after... Had a black eye for two weeks, but the bruising on my eye didnt show for at least 36 hours afterwards.

Anyway, Im not saying she wasnt hurt, and i know bruising etc can show up days later... but how can that cut over her eyebrow not be noticed by her and the cops immediately???

Believe she left the scene prior to the cops arriving.

Believe she left the scene prior to the cops arriving.

Exactly! Is this not the reason for the 3 people vs 4 people in the "amended" report! She was married... at a club at 1 am... jumps in the car with Suh and two others... Bang! Car crash... Suhs calling the police... She freaks "Oh NO! My husband will kill me! Im not here.. nobody can see me here... I gotta go!"

Suh and the other two look at each other "ohhh kaay, I guess we'll say its just the 3 of us" Tells police that there were 3 total, and no injuries... Shes wondering down the street...her head hurts... feels blood on her face and freaks. Calls the husband and comes clean...he takes her to urgent care/hospital... she reads the news reports the next morning, her insurance has questions too... So she goes public BUT WANTED HER IDENTITY COVERED for the TV interview...

All of the above just addresses the "LIES" part of this thread. And that is where people are piling on Suh ie, "he even lied about how many were in the car and that nobody was injured - not what the amended report says now...THE LIAR!"

Exactly! Is this not the reason for the 3 people vs 4 people in the "amended" report! She was married... at a club at 1 am... jumps in the car with Suh and two others... Bang! Car crash... Suhs calling the police... She freaks "Oh NO! My husband will kill me! Im not here.. nobody can see me here... I gotta go!"

Suh and the other two look at each other "ohhh kaay, I guess we'll say its just the 3 of us" Tells police that there were 3 total, and no injuries... Shes wondering down the street...her head hurts... feels blood on her face and freaks. Calls the husband and comes clean...he takes her to urgent care/hospital... she reads the news reports the next morning, her insurance has questions too... So she goes public BUT WANTED HER IDENTITY COVERED for the TV interview...

All of the above just addresses the "LIES" part of this thread. And that is where people are piling on Suh ie, "he even lied about how many were in the car and that nobody was injured - not what the amended report says now...THE LIAR!"

Interesting theory Ben Matlock.

I don't feel like I addressed this well in my original response. 3rd party liability claims consist of 2 parts, always. Actual damages (medical bills, lost wages) and as you call it emotional distress (or as we called it, pain and suffering) which is obvioulsy the amount above and beyond actuall expenses incurred. Regarding his insurance company and his lawyers, his lawyers would only get involved if claimed damages were in excess of what his insurance limits are. If he only has minumum limits (i.e 25/50/15 in OR I believe) he is quite simply not very smart for doing that. Not sure what you mean by "soft claim" in this regard. This is how 99% of auto injury accidents settle out. Laws in states are VERY clear that any claimant is entitled to pain and suffering. And no, they don't always lead to "big money", they certainly can but not very often. Of course this is all dependent on the injury.

5 stitches to the face is very much a "serious" injury if it has some scarring involved. Maybe it doesn't require ambulance assistance per se, but it can be VERY serious. Nothing that would threaten Suh's limits provided he has ample coverage. But I will tell you, at the company I worked, only the senior claims adjusters handled that stuff, it can be pretty tricky. We simply don't know much about this girl, but just for the sake of argument to clue you in on how serious these can be, let's say this young lady is a model. Now she has a scar above her eye effectivley ending her career, or severly cutting down what she makes. You don't think that's serious?

You are right in many of your posts.

1) If she has an attorney, it is being played wrong. WAY too early to be making demand. Gotta see what that scar does.
2) Gotta get special damages up. Physical therapy; Chiropractor; plastic surgeon; scar treatments. Up, up up!
3) Facial scaring is good money in my experience. Can even overcome liability problems. Only matters if she is a model if you claim lost wages. I can make a disfigurement argument all day long for even the most heinous looking person.
4) Life expectancy with living with this hideous disfigurement will bring money.
5) WAY too early to be making any demand. at least 6-9 months of work ahead. Going to need to get her into surgery to fix her "brow" and that scar to get those specials up.

I have enjoyed this thread from the insurance info stand point Impaler...

any way... just to set the record straight, I chose the word "LIES" because that is the word the crack reporting team out in portland chose, and it had more wow factor in the thread title.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Passengers-say-Suh-lied-about-Portland-crash-135062198.html

you will notice in the bold link that is what article originally titled. I have now notice KGW.com has tempered there own article to say "witnesses accuse suh".... so maybe they are catching some flack there as well for their word choice.

*as always, posts thread titles don't always represent the thoughts of the thread starter. :)

You are right in many of your posts.

1) If she has an attorney, it is being played wrong. WAY too early to be making demand. Gotta see what that scar does.
2) Gotta get special damages up. Physical therapy; Chiropractor; plastic surgeon; scar treatments. Up, up up!
3) Facial scaring is good money in my experience. Can even overcome liability problems. Only matters if she is a model if you claim lost wages. I can make a disfigurement argument all day long for even the most heinous looking person.
4) Life expectancy with living with this hideous disfigurement will bring money.
5) WAY too early to be making any demand. at least 6-9 months of work ahead. Going to need to get her into surgery to fix her "brow" and that scar to get those specials up.

Spoken like a true PI attonrey" ;) Agree on the scarring. Insurance denying had to be a medpay or pip claim IMO. As you stated, NO WAY a 3rd party claim was denied at this point, probably hadn't even hit an adjsters desk until 3-4 days later and it will be months before any sort of demand is presented for the reasons you stated above.

I have enjoyed this thread from the insurance info stand point Impaler...

any way... just to set the record straight, I chose the word "LIES" because that is the word the crack reporting team out in portland chose, and it had more wow factor in the thread title.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Passengers-say-Suh-lied-about-Portland-crash-135062198.html

you will notice in the bold link that is what article originally titled. I have now notice KGW.com has tempered there own article to say "witnesses accuse suh".... so maybe they are catching some flack there as well for their word choice.

*as always, posts thread titles don't always represent the thoughts of the thread starter. :)

Is that even possible? :Biggrin: Yeah, I am not calling Suh a liar, I have no idea what his motives may have been. He could simply have been a little disoriented or actually not remembered how many people climbed into his car. We can all certainly appreciate it doesn't look good especially after Thanksgiving Day and the "explanation" of those events. Again, I don't think Suh is a bad person, Ido think he has made some poor decisions lately.

Last edited:
Is that even possible? :Biggrin: Yeah, I am not calling Suh a liar, I have no idea what his motives may have been. He could simply have been a little disoriented or actually not remembered how many people climbed into his car. We can all certainly appreciate it doesn't look good especially after Thanksgiving Day and the "explanation" of those events. Again, I don't think Suh is a bad person, Ido think he has made some poor decisions lately.

possible when you have no direct involvement.... maybe. as for the rest of the above quote..... +1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back