• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Stringfellow is 'N' (former Rivals 100 WR)--Why he chose Nebraska

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night....

Samuel McKewon @swmckewonOWH Damore'ea Stringfellow confirmed in an interview he's transferring to Nebraska. Sent papers in around 10:45. Blog up soon.

Glad they did this too.....great attitude by him to boot....

https://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1644742

I'm with you there. I expressed concerns prior to this, but it's all about the attitude of the player and the standards the school sets, as well as the help they give them to learn, grow, and like all 20 year olds, become better people. That the admin got involved on the front end is absolutely right, imo. His response to it speaks volumes.

No you don't want a football team of all choir boys, but you also don't want to be a school that will accept just anything or turn a blind eye toward everything in the lust for football glory, or quit overseeing coaches within the proper lines of authority like Penn State did. Otherwise you wake up one day and find you're in a situation like them.

It looks to me like our admin and football coaches are doing all the right things to seek excellence while maintaining standards. Very proud of my school.

And the best part is, this approach and reputation can continue to be a recruiting advantage for us, just like the whole family-attitude thing.

Ok. I'm off my :soapbox: now.

Last edited:

I'm with you there. I expressed concerns prior to this, but it's all about the attitude of the player and the standards the school sets, as well as the help they give them to learn, grow, and like all 20 year olds, become better people. That the admin got involved on the front end is absolutely right, imo. His response to it speaks volumes.

No you don't want a football team of all choir boys, but you also don't want to be a school that will accept just anything or turn a blind eye toward everything in the lust for football glory, or quit overseeing coaches within the proper lines of authority like Penn State did. Otherwise you wake up one day and find you're in a situation like them.

It looks to me like our admin and football coaches are doing all the right things to seek excellence while maintaining standards. Very proud of my school.

And the best part is, this approach and reputation can continue to be a recruiting advantage for us, just like the whole family-attitude thing.

Ok. I'm off my :soapbox: now.

Well said. Bo generally recruits high-character kids and doesn't tolerate much mess. This is a good situation to get talent on 'second chances' when the specifics warrant and there isn't a huge risk. Given the few real discipline issues we've seen over 6+ years I don't see any reason NOT to at least bring some guys in on short leashes and give the staff the benefit of the doubt.

Different sport, much different situation, but I look at what Hoiberg has done at ISU with transfers. He identified the problem immediately...he needed to beat KU and he needed talent to do it...and one place he could get top talent was from taking guys that were on their last chance, or just needed a new situation. It's a little moneyball..island of misfit toys...but it can help address some of that far away talent that we generally miss out on. Stringfellow is a good example of a talented kid that is probably low risk to re-offend and a worthy chance to take.

I heard somewhere that he may be able to play this year because of the coaching change at Washington? Any truth to that rumor?

Talk of him applying for a waiver.....he acknowledged that himself.....

Not sure he would qualify....

I heard somewhere that he may be able to play this year because of the coaching change at Washington? Any truth to that rumor?

Last edited:

Best of luck to the young man, hopefully he's learned from his mistakes and will be a good citizen. No doubt we can use a player of his ability. I do find it a bit ironic though, that many on here so willing to overlook this kid's character issues because he's now a Husker. I'd be willing to bet that the tone on here would be much different if he were transferring to the evil one in Columbus, or anywhere else for that matter.

Last edited:

Best of luck to the young man, hopefully he's learned from his mistakes and will be a good citizen. No doubt we can use a player of his ability. I do find it a bit ironic though, that many on here so willing to overlook this kid's character issues because he's now a Husker. I'd be willing to bet that the tone on here would be much different if he were transferring to the evil one in Columbus, or anywhere else for that matter.

His issue was addressed by both schools. He has no court dates, no pending charges, his previous school didn't even kick him off the team for whatever the actions were. He asked for a release. Before signing papers he sad down with not only football staff but the Dean/Administration for questioning about the situation also, and they gave him a green light to move forward.....why do you feel we should be ridiculing this kid over a situation that none of us know all the details about yet NCAA and the schools interested in him feel is water under the bridge at this point......Chill out homie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back