• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Stringfellow is 'N' (former Rivals 100 WR)--Why he chose Nebraska

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best of luck to the young man, hopefully he's learned from his mistakes and will be a good citizen. No doubt we can use a player of his ability. I do find it a bit ironic though, that many on here so willing to overlook this kid's character issues because he's now a Husker. I'd be willing to bet that the tone on here would be much different if he were transferring to the evil one in Columbus, or anywhere else for that matter.

I suspect you are correct.

Best of luck to the young man, hopefully he's learned from his mistakes and will be a good citizen. No doubt we can use a player of his ability. I do find it a bit ironic though, that many on here so willing to overlook this kid's character issues because he's now a Husker. I'd be willing to bet that the tone on here would be much different if he were transferring to the evil one in Columbus, or anywhere else for that matter.

The courts and university have already dealt with his legal issues, but since you are so familiar with this young man I would enjoy hearing in greater detail about his character issues.

From what I've read about this case Springfellow is a Bronco fan and was wearing a Bronco hat during a Seahawks celebration.A guy took his hat and an altercation took place a woman began filming it and he attempted to take her camera. She fell and injured her head and more fighting takes place and arrests are made. Tempers always run high after sports events an idiots on both sides are to blame. I know a lot of people who'd be willing to fight anyone for any reason after their team gets embarrassed in a big game.Not sure if alcohol was involved but my point is this situation is a perfect storm for some hot headed fans on both sides. Much different than an unprovoked attack on an innocent bystander.

From what I've read about this case Springfellow is a Bronco fan and was wearing a Bronco hat during a Seahawks celebration.A guy took his hat and an altercation took place a woman began filming it and he attempted to take her camera. She fell and injured her head and more fighting takes place and arrests are made. Tempers always run high after sports events an idiots on both sides are to blame. I know a lot of people who'd be willing to fight anyone for any reason after their team gets embarrassed in a big game.Not sure if alcohol was involved but my point is this situation is a perfect storm for some hot headed fans on both sides. Much different than an unprovoked attack on an innocent bystander.

Stringfellow said he was "defending" his QB, who was the Bronco fan.

Hell I was a Bronco fan and no one defended my....took a real beating from my son who's a die hard Seahawk fan.I'll be hearing about that beatdown for the rest of my life.

Why does that even matter? Hes not. Someone always says this when someone transfers in that had a run in with some trouble. Are we supposed to shun them and picket their attempt to come here? Someone always makes it a point to say this, and I have no idea why.

People claim there's a double standard, but I have yet to see any evidence of where a kid or program is demonized based on a transfer.

The kid screwed up. Should he crawl into a hole and die as penance?

People claim there's a double standard, but I have yet to see any evidence of where a kid or program is demonized based on a transfer.

The kid screwed up. Should he crawl into a hole and die as penance?
My mother was the oldest of four sisters. Whenever one of the nine cousins from the younger sisters would totally screw up they got sent to live with Mom for a while. She was the one who raised her sisters, and she was the one who put the cousins back on track.

Just seems to me that Nebraska has gained a reputation for taking troubled athletes and steering them in the right direction. Sometimes a change of scenery, along with a change of attitude, is the best thing for any kid on the wrong path.

For a lot of CFB fans, Nebraska would be that penance.

If true, then getting out of Seattle would appear to be the smartest thing he could do.

I'd also be willing to bet that the reaction would be no different here than on another team's board.

Agree....

Why does that even matter? Hes not. Someone always says this when someone transfers in that had a run in with some trouble. Are we supposed to shun them and picket their attempt to come here? Someone always makes it a point to say this, and I have no idea why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back