• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Steven Sipple: Something special is going on..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having read the entire thread it occurs to me that some fans have reading comprehension problems.

Supple is not talking about this season at all. He is clearly referring to what this years team is constructing for the future.

BTW, to those of you who hate Bo so much that you in turn hate anyone who defends him, try to keep in mind that this was an editorial. Just as Dirk is free to express his feelings in such (although lately he's inserting subjective opinion into every "objective" article he writes), so is Sipple.

Oh, and its also perfectly clear that this column is directed at all the Bo-bashers in Husker Nation, in a plea for reason ability. Gauging the responses here its obvious it was a waste of time.

One other thing. Those of you who actually think you make up half of the fan base with your constant negativity are deluded by the amount of noise you make. You might sound like 50%, but the Boleavers aren't even close to 25% of the fan base.

Having read the entire thread it occurs to me that some fans have reading comprehension problems.

Supple is not talking about this season at all. He is clearly referring to what this years team is constructing for the future.

BTW, to those of you who hate Bo so much that you in turn hate anyone who defends him, try to keep in mind that this was an editorial. Just as Dirk is free to express his feelings in such (although lately he's inserting subjective opinion into every "objective" article he writes), so is Sipple.

Oh, and its also perfectly clear that this column is directed at all the Bo-bashers in Husker Nation, in a plea for reason ability. Gauging the responses here its obvious it was a waste of time.

One other thing. Those of you who actually think you make up half of the fan base with your constant negativity are deluded by the amount of noise you make. You might sound like 50%, but the Boleavers aren't even close to 25% of the fan base.

Look up John D. Rockefeller's editorials on the emergence of electricity vs. oil. Same logic.

Good post. I generally agree.

However, I would say that the Boleavers comprise about 25% of the fan base, plus or minus 5%. Of course those numbers have been the same since fall of last year (if not further back).

Good post. I generally agree.

However, I would say that the Boleavers comprise about 25% of the fan base, plus or minus 5%. Of course those numbers have been the same since fall of last year (if not further back).

I don't pretend to know how the percentages break down. I doubt anybody truly knows the mindset of the entire Husker fan base (sorry, not even you two guys). I think it's possible that there are a lot of fans like me who are somewhat in the middle on this. I'll be honest, the repetitive sloppy play of Bo's teams absolutely drives me nuts. The problems seem like they are systemic at the point. I keep thinking they will get fixed eventually but yet I don't see much evidence to support that belief. They are a very frustrating team to watch at times.

But I keep hoping things turn around because I actually like Bo and I want him to succeed here at Nebraska. More importantly the players love him and they play hard for him. They never give up and that is an admirable trait. It's also a direct reflection of the guys in charge. I understand both sides of this argument and actually find myself on common ground with a lot of posters.

The bottom line for me is that while I'm still not 100% convinced that Bo can fix the things that need fixing I think he's earned the right to have one more year to work on it……...

I don't pretend to know how the percentages break down. I doubt anybody truly knows the mindset of the entire Husker fan base (sorry, not even you two guys). I think it's possible that there are a lot of fans like me who are somewhat in the middle on this. I'll be honest, the repetitive sloppy play of Bo's teams absolutely drives me nuts. The problems seem like they are systemic at the point. I keep thinking they will get fixed eventually but yet I don't see much evidence to support that belief. They are a very frustrating team to watch at times.

But I keep hoping things turn around because I actually like Bo and I want him to succeed here at Nebraska. More importantly the players love him and they play hard for him. They never give up and that is an admirable trait. It's also a direct reflection of the guys in charge. I understand both sides of this argument and actually find myself on common ground with a lot of posters.

The bottom line for me is that while I'm still not 100% convinced that Bo can fix the things that need fixing I think he's earned the right to have one more year to work on it……...
There is a huge difference between the 75% who cheer for the Huskers no matter who the coach is, and the 25% of fans who absolutely want him gone.

There has been a heavy swell of noise about firing Bo ever since he showed his disdain for a certain internet "reporter" who insisted on manufacturing a controversy when there wasn't one. The guy evidently had a hard-core of followers who have been screaming ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back