• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Steven Sipple: Something special is going on..

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCHusker

#1 Husker Fan
15 Year Member
http://journalstar.com/sports/colum...cle_7cdf0536-f34a-5818-8f38-26cb1ba336a1.html

From the story:

Bottom line, it would be wrong to break up this staff. To break up this team. It would be dead wrong to pull the rug from underneath a program that shows so much promise — at least when it's not stubbing its toe with a turnover or mental mistake.

However, after this triumph — despite all of Nebraska's injuries and pervasive negativity swirling around the program — it would seem almost criminal to fire anybody associated with the program.

Sorry if already posted. Dissect..........

Yeah, it is clear SOMETHING was/is going on. Sipple is very much in defense mode. If the team had just been that way to start the year... :)

I'm a little confused why sipple would write 3 straight articles like this if its so obvious no change is coming, as has been written numerous times on here since the game yesterday. Maybe somebody should tell him that articles that speculate about change hurt the program.

Either that or he thinks change is a real possibility...hmmm...

http://journalstar.com/sports/colum...cle_7cdf0536-f34a-5818-8f38-26cb1ba336a1.html

From the story:

Bottom line, it would be wrong to break up this staff. To break up this team. It would be dead wrong to pull the rug from underneath a program that shows so much promise — at least when it's not stubbing its toe with a turnover or mental mistake.

However, after this triumph — despite all of Nebraska's injuries and pervasive negativity swirling around the program — it would seem almost criminal to fire anybody associated with the program.

While I usually agree with Sipple, me being a homer and all. I will stand by my statements that Bo needs someone to help him on Defense. Paps should go no question.

Zipple is an idiot. I don't have a problem with a columnist being a homer for a university, but to be the lap dog of the head coach is a horse of a different color, and in this case that color is feces. He's a lazy journalist who doesn't want to work for a story and will do anything to keep his "inside source" in power. Besides, he's a busy man. It takes a lot of time and effort to wash all those towels he's bringing home from the strip clubs.

Last edited:

From the story:

I, for one, agree with Sipple's OP (regardless of the reason some think he may have written it). I support Pelini and his coaching staff...and, yes I believe they are on the verge of something special at NU. Yes, I have gone 60+ years as an optimist and it has served me well!!

Go Big Red!!

I like Sipple considering I'm a homer too.

At least his agenda isn't trying to chase the recruits away. You need a couple like him to balance all the doom and gloomers. There are a few fans that never have a bright moment. Never have anything upbeat to say. I feel sorry for them. Life is too short to live in the dark. But that's just me.

Call me a homer. I bleed red all the time. Even when I griping about something. lol

If Sipple has something to worry about, I would assume the decision is already made and it's too late.

Sipple has never really impressed me with his journalism. There's usually not a lot of content there, imo. He may or may not be right that there is something special going on, but Sipple's opinion doesn't mean anything to me.

Unless there actually was something off field of concern, I think Bo has almost certainly done enough to retain his job for next year, which is what I have been hoping for. If something special is going on, and if Bo actually can take this team upward, we will see it next year, or not at all, IMO.

Last edited:

From the story:

lol...this guy is such a pathetic and transparent lap dog. Yesterday's game pretty much sealed the fact that Pelini won't be removed. So Sipple can take a HUGE deep breath...no entirely new ass to begin kissing. That said..."it would seem almost CRIMINAL to fire ANYONE associated with the program"????? Who is this weird little troll kidding? There are still glaring problems with this program. The most notable and most immediately fixable is getting rid of Ross Els...or at the very minimum get him the flying blank away from special teams. Yeah..the special teams are special in the wrong kind of way if you know what I'm saying.

Steve-o....let's not make that game anything other than what it was. An average team beating a mediocre team in an extremely entertaining game. There's nothing "special" about that win or "special" about this team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back