• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Stanley Cup Playoff Thread

Back to Girardi. There is speculation on a Ranger board that he is playing hurt. This would make sense as he just doesn't make these types of unforced errors over and over again. Don't know for sure but something is going on with him.

He did go to the locker room after getting checked hard in game 1.

Last edited:

Ouch....

Long trip west, one day off and the Kings being much deeper...Lundqvist is our only shot.

But maybe there will be a suspension for this vicious hit.

kingonking.gif

Thats mostly the media...and while things have been bouncing the Kings way, I agree, that is part of the game. Its like in poker. You have times when your opponents are constantly rivering you. You play through it and wait until things go your way.

While the Rangers (not the media) are bouncing around puck luck, the god's (which I am sure you love:Biggrin:)
“I've been in the game a long time to know that’s sometimes the hockey gods are there. They were there tonight,†said New York Rangers Coach Alain Vigneault after his team staved off elimination with a 2-1 victory over the Los Angeles Kings in Game 4 on Wednesday night.

Thus the world was safe for conversations about bounces, good fortune and “puck luck†for the Rangers, feeling they didn’t have much of it in the previous three games.

Then you have this :

Los Angeles, of course, isn’t buying any of it.

“Puck luck is for cop-outs,†said forward Justin Williams. “I don’t believe in it at all. I think you get what you put into it. Last night, we simply weren’t good enough.â€

“That’s sports. That’s the way it goes. You work for your bounces, you work for your luck,†said forward Jarret Stoll. “How many times have we seen in the regular season, or any time, when pucks are going off legs and gloves and whatever to go in the net? You have to work to get there. It all works out over the course of the season.â€

But two pucks died near the goal line?

“That’s luck," he said. "That’s bounces too. We had to work harder and smarter to get the bounce to go our way.â€

can you tell which team is winning and has won a cup before and who is losing ?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...nt-to-make-own-luck-for-game-5-215344104.html

Great game. Rangers lead 2-1 going to the 3rd period. If they play the 3rd period like they did in game 4, this series is over unless Lundqvist can bail them out again.

Scratching our way back into this series....need to close out the third period though.....and that is not a given the way this series has gone.....

Scratching our way back into this series....need to close out the third period though.....and that is not a given the way this series has gone.....

No it hasn't but the Rangers didn't look gassed at the end of the 2nd period like they did in game 4. If the Kings tie it, it is bad news for the Rangers. They need to play smart and for crying out loud please don't be sloppy with the puck in the defensive zone.

Got to keep on keeping on and hope the karma is with us tonight....its that simple....another goal would be nice....:)

No it hasn't but the Rangers didn't look gassed at the end of the 2nd period like they did in game 4. If the Kings tie it, it is bad news for the Rangers. They need to play smart and for crying out loud please don't be sloppy with the puck in the defensive zone.

Rangers come out strong in the third period....seem to have a spark in their step....lotta time to go though.....

Last edited:
Only one shot after 6 minutes of this period for both teams....LA has it....

Hank has to play out of his head again....to close this out....

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back