• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Spring game.

Kilgore Trout

Recruit
5 Year Member
I watch the spring game every year and after watching the first half this year I have never been as excited for the season as I am now. We have some quarterbacks! And guys who can catch.

Matt Rhule's commentary during most of the first half from the broadcast booth was extraordinary. Really good. In addition to his comments on the little things that are important (tackling high inside the red zone) he is a funny guy.

I'm always conflicted when the offense looks too good or when the defense looks too good.

My guess is the coaches will be pouring over the tape to see which OL and DL men can get some time. Good lines are a hallmark of MR's success. I sure can't tell you which ones had a good scrimmage, but some did and some didn't I suspect.

As for the QB performances, depends in part with whom they are playing and against whom they are playing. The coaches will know that in the film rooms.

But a number of the QBs throws looked good, and once when one of them didn't throw, that looked good too.

Now, penalties before the snap.... I can see those.

I am excited! More so because I think we have a coach who gets it so to speak. For the first time since maybe Solich, we have a level headed, football guy as a coach who really understands how to put together a college team. I loved Pelini but he wasn't level headed lol. Rhule has a ability to look at his team as a Head Coach but also as a fan....which is why he was so good in the booth during the spring game.

Nebraska is going to be very good this coming season, how good depends on how many freshman mistakes Raiola makes (if any) and can he stay healthy. And if not, is HH improved enough to win all the games they should win.

Last edited:
I'm always conflicted when the offense looks too good or when the defense looks too good.

My guess is the coaches will be pouring over the tape to see which OL and DL men can get some time. Good lines are a hallmark of MR's success. I sure can't tell you which ones had a good scrimmage, but some did and some didn't I suspect.

As for the QB performances, depends in part with whom they are playing and against whom they are playing. The coaches will know that in the film rooms.

But a number of the QBs throws looked good, and once when one of them didn't throw, that looked good too.

Now, penalties before the snap.... I can see those.
It did make a difference when Nash Hutmacher, Ty Robinson, and Isaac Gifford did not play any snaps for the Defense.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back