• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Sporting New...setting Coach Frost up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, a lot of that going around, but even though I expect SF to win 8 or more, I could live with a bad first year, possibly even 2 bad years.
It's not going to be bad. Bad was the last 3 years. You're going to see improvement as the season moves forward. Once he gets the mess cleaned up, it'll be full steam ahead. Bowling (improvement in 2018), and massive jump in 2019. I don't know what the win total will be in 2018 (it will be more than 4), but you'll see a team with some will to it.

It's adorable how paramus...errr...gobl...err..same thing...is now lowering the bar for Frost.
I don't really have a win total in mind. Honestly, it's not all that important. NU will be bowling. I'm more concerned with getting all the cancer out (horrific remnants), looking like a team, and having an actual plan that works. Those things alone will translate to wins.

What I am looking for, regardless of the record (13-0 is o.k., though! ;) ) I want to see clean, crisp play. If the talent is there, there will be positive results. If we don't have the talent, then we have to wait for the rebuilding of this team. IMHO, I expect clean, crisp play. 7 or 8 would be great. If we get more than 7 or 8, a great season!!!

The thing is, I believe in Scott Frost. If not enough players can stand up to his rigor, then it is their problem. Scott Frost, eventually, will put us back on the map, I have not doubt!

OK, who wants a drink? ;):Koolaid2: :Cheers::Coffeecup: Something to eat? :Popcorn:
I'll have the Cherry flavor with some charcuterie and a platter of California and Wisconsin cheeses:nod::Drool:

What happened to 3.5 years?
The 3 1/2 years assumes an initial sub-par first year followed by incremental progress each year. Riley was aperfect example of a coach that failed earlier than that because his team regressed. Petty simply but you have to use judgment, you get that, don't you?

Last edited:

I'm expecting 6 to 7 wins this year. Seems like every coach who has been "legendary" in the last 20 years has made the big jump in year 2.

Off the top of my head:
- Bob Stoops - Won NC in year 2 at Oklahoma
- Urban Meyer - 12-0 in year 2 at Utah
- Urban Meyer - Won NC in year 2 at Florida
- Urban Meyer - Big 2nd year (pretty big year every year) at OSU
- Nick Saban - Won Sugar Bowl in year 2 at LSU
- Nick Saban - 12 wins in year 2 at Alabama (won NC in 3rd year)
- Chip Kelly - NC appearance in year 2 at Oregon.
-Scott Frost - 13-0 in year 2 at UCF

Pretty much every great coach gets it done in year 2 or year 3

This first year, i will not worry too much about the record and trust what my eyes tell me about the future. There are so many things that can happen in a transition, especially going from a soft to tough coach, that i have no visibility to. It's not like we have any streaks or anything but sellouts on the line. 2019, different story. That's when I start keeping score for real.

It's adorable how paramus...errr...gobl...err..same thing...is now lowering the bar for Frost.

I have never set a bar for Scott Frost other than I expect to see a team that is constantly striving to improve, one that always fights for 60 minutes, and one that is having lots of fun playing the game.

I think it likely SF will have this year's team believing they can win every time they take the field, regardless of who the opponent is.

I seriously doubt that NU will be an easy out for anyone in 2018.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back