• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Spielman is officially in portal / gone

So he'd rather take a big gamble on even getting to play elsewhere vs staying here??

Spielman is not a graduate transfer and has already used a redshirt season -- in 2016 when he first arrived at Nebraska -- meaning he will need to obtain a waiver in order to play in 2020. This coming fall is also his final year of eligibility. So, he will either be granted a waiver to play or he will not play again in college football.

This one is tough because because the kid is so talented at a position where we need it. It's none of my business, but I am curious around the rationale from his perspective. Sure was glad to have him for the 3 years he was here. Definitely fun to watch him do his thing.

So he'd rather take a big gamble on even getting to play elsewhere vs staying here??

Spielman is not a graduate transfer and has already used a redshirt season -- in 2016 when he first arrived at Nebraska -- meaning he will need to obtain a waiver in order to play in 2020. This coming fall is also his final year of eligibility. So, he will either be granted a waiver to play or he will not play again in college football.
With Covid, he will get the waiver.

Not sure how many friends he had left on this team. He’s going to be a factor wherever he goes hopefully not the Big Ten. Loved watching him play hope he finds what he’s looking for.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back