• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Special Edition of the Carriker Chronicles!

Thank you for that public address. Yes, we all probably agree that Nebraska football has not been where any of us have wanted it for awhile but I too feel there are great days ahead of us. It is easy to think greatness in the spring and early summer but I do feel we are in better shape than many see us. Too many people (including some husker fans as well) are hoping MR isnt successful here. I have hoped for the best for every coach that we have had (heck, not doing so is like hoping the pilot of your plane fails). As we all know, success isnt all just about knowledge. There has to be a fit as well. In my opinion, MR truly does fit the Nebraska way.

Loved the passion and content of your bonus Chronicles, Adam. And you got the right outfit on your little "partridge". Thanks.

There are zero, true Husker fans that want Riley to fail. We all want to win. Some just think it will be difficult with him in charge.

Husker football program needs to be careful or it'll be getting to the point where it will be difficult to win for anyone in charge. I'm not talking 9 Ws and hope to win division...I'm talking 10+ wins and challenge for conference champs and importantly...a playoff spot.

Husker football program needs to be careful or it'll be getting to the point where it will be difficult to win for anyone in charge. I'm not talking 9 Ws and hope to win division...I'm talking 10+ wins and challenge for conference champs and importantly...a playoff spot.
It's been there for a long time, that is what MR will be changing soon. It hasn't been easy for him to undue the wreckage left behind.

Last edited:
It's been there for a long time, that is what MR will be changing soon. It hasn't been easy for him to undue the wreckage left behind.

LOL... GFoA....your opinion on this is well known....but I think you overestimate the amount of wreckage left behind. In regard to MR, well he has surely lit a fire in regards to recruiting, however, it is the coaching on the field that still gives people pause. For me, I just haven't seen enough yet to convince me that he's taking NU to the promised land. This is a big year for that......and I'm for giving him plenty of time, by the way. I just want to see it on the field in the fall..... not on social media in the spring.....

Thank you for that public address. Yes, we all probably agree that Nebraska football has not been where any of us have wanted it for awhile but I too feel there are great days ahead of us. It is easy to think greatness in the spring and early summer but I do feel we are in better shape than many see us. Too many people (including some husker fans as well) are hoping MR isnt successful here. I have hoped for the best for every coach that we have had (heck, not doing so is like hoping the pilot of your plane fails). As we all know, success isnt all just about knowledge. There has to be a fit as well. In my opinion, MR truly does fit the Nebraska way.
I'm sure true Husker fans want MR to succeed, they're are just some questions if he's the right guy.

LOL... GFoA....your opinion on this is well known....but I think you overestimate the amount of wreckage left behind. In regard to MR, well he has surely lit a fire in regards to recruiting, however, it is the coaching on the field that still gives people pause. For me, I just haven't seen enough yet to convince me that he's taking NU to the promised land. This is a big year for that......and I'm for giving him plenty of time, by the way. I just want to see it on the field in the fall..... not on social media in the spring.....
I honestly don't think he overestimates it all.

As far as recruiting and coaching, I'm right there with you on both!!

Last edited:

Fair enough.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back