• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

South Alabama Week (8/29/19) Coach Frost Post Practice

If Mo is a game time decision, I hope ti turn
My opinion is MO is out and he doesn't want USA to know that is the case until the beginning of the game. Why tell the world? Serves no purpose.
If you're right I hope you're right about the reason for a delay. I think the admin above Frost and even Moos should make a policy decision about letting people charged with a felony play and remove it from the hands of the coaches. Not only is it right for the university, but it protects coaches from blowback. So I would have thought if they say no that it would be announced by now.

Last edited:

I think he is playing, and I think he wants to make as little of a deal about it as possible. As I said earlier this week. If/when he runs out on the field at the start of a series you will have your answer.

I guess because we have not heard otherwise all preseason I think he plays. When it is all sorted out and he is acquitted/convicted or plead down to some minor thing a decision will be made on punishment at that time.

Not sure where to post this but one thing that I thought of is Mills. He hasn't (at least to my observations) struggled with where he fits in Frosts offense. It has been posted externally (here) that he is that short yardage back. As dialogue and reports have progressed, I don't think he's relegated to 3rd and short. I think he might be an every down back. Do we have the makings of an I-back??? Please say yes...

Not sure where to post this but one thing that I thought of is Mills. He hasn't (at least to my observations) struggled with where he fits in Frosts offense. It has been posted externally (here) that he is that short yardage back. As dialogue and reports have progressed, I don't think he's relegated to 3rd and short. I think he might be an every down back. Do we have the makings of an I-back??? Please say yes...
:Biggrin:arthvader: These are not the droids you are looking for. And 'yes'...

I have always been under the impression that Mills, if he won the job, would be the every down back with Mo being the change of pace. Much like Ziggy and Mo last year.

The guy has been a workhorse back at every stop. Not sure why anyone would think he’s a short yardage back here? And not sure I’ve seen that assumed anywhere?

Yes. A short yardage back with benefits. Scott has said that he’s been pleasantly surprised with Dedricks speed, too. I think Coach Held found us a diamond in the rough. Can’t wait to see him go.

Couple things...
1. Coach speak. Everyone knows, including USA, that MW has unresolved multiple legal issues. The potential felony thing plus the MJ citation (but pressing no charges due to new law / technicality.) Odds are that there is some sort of punishment. He already was held out of the spring game. Has he endured additional internal punishment? Who knows? Will additional punishment be forthcoming? Maybe. Could there be more punishment that the coaches haven't decided on yet based on further CA case developments? Very possible. The coaches may have already decided, but why tell USA? Make USA prepare for as much as possible and give yourself any advantage possible. Try to find the silver lining in an otherwise bad situation. My guess is that MW will start the season by being suspended - for how long is anyone's guess - could be a series, a quarter, a half, or a full game based just on the MJ citation alone. Also, I believe that this will be a weekly thing (coach speak game time decision) until there are developments in the court process in CA that would make the coaches announce fully reinstated, or announce some finalized suspension for a given amount of time. As long as MW has ongoing legal issues to resolve, I believe weekly coach speak and game time decision will be the norm. I don't want to see this happen, but Frost may say game time decision every game and not play MW until his court issues are done. Let every team prepare for MW or risk being that team where MW is finally allowed to play full go and they aren't ready.
2. Mills I think has proven himself and earned 1st string - regardless of MW. Mills I think has also proven he is a 4-down RB. Work ethic, in shape, chiseled 220, proven ability, has some wiggle and some power, has learned the offense. I think Mills will at least be the workhorse regardless. Not sure how good his hands are. But, Mills and guys like Wan'dale and Rahmir and Miles Jones likely make it much easier to focus on letting the punishment fit the situation/known-facts rather than be influenced by a need for MW's electric talent. Don't get me wrong, we need every playmaker we can get and MW is special, but we have the horses to weather the storm as necessary. Even with no legal issues, I am not so sure that we wouldn't see Mills and MW have a similar split/role as Ozigbo and MW last year, but perhaps with a little more even split.

By the way, haven't posted in a while, but I have nothing better to do at moment because I broke a rib(s) earlier today while on vacation, can't lay down, can't sleep, so might as well post to get my mind off the pain.

:Frown:

Part of me wants Washington to play but another part is saying a 1 game suspension would send a good/warning message to the whole team and Husker nation.

Part of me wants Washington to play but another part is saying a 1 game suspension would send a good/warning message to the whole team and Husker nation.
I get what you're saying, but I don't think any more warning messages will be needed after the one that came a few days ago with the two RFr.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back