• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

JD Speilman Is Transfering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see him go to Minnesota... or anywhere but Nebraska, for that matter!

I'd be doing whatever I reasonably could to repair the relationship, but if he truly wants to leave then shake hands and wish him well. He'll regret it when we stomp the Gophers this fall.
You certainly don't make yourself look good trying to block a kid. But that cuts both ways. You also don't look good bailing out when opportunities are being provided to you. It certainly isn't often that a player with so many opportunities transfers and questions will follow.

From my view, and I don't have all the details, I think he is best to stay. What I know is that camp isn't far away and he hasn't entered the transfer portal yet.

Watching a replay of the Illinois game from last year. JD took a lot of shots, but when you catch that much over the middle it is going to happen.
Man he is small. Wyatt Maysur is listed at 5’9” he was at least 2” taller than Spielman

Here's another twist that might be even better. Let's say you thought you'd be running the business, but your uncle Scott moved back into town and is handed the keys instead. Dad's gone, and uncle Scott does things differently. You liked the way dad ran things, but not the way uncle Scott runs things. So you go do your own thing. Maybe you take some of your uncle's recipes, but you didn't like most of it anyway. And even though you're competition, Dad, uncle Scott, and even grandpa Herbie appreciate what you've done over the years. Good luck, kid. We're planning on putting you out of business in a year.
Let me just say that you play the analogy game very well. :Bow:
Seriously at least you understand the point I was trying to make. We might disagree but you get it.

I think you’re a really good poster. Usually I enjoy reading your thoughts, but man we just have to let him go. If he wants to leave so be it. What would make us all feel better is for Nebraska to beat Minnesota. I hate Fleck, I hate the Fleck love on this board. So let’s root for an epic beat down of those nasty rodents.
Yes! If someone wants to keep with the family metaphor, I hope when we play MN the defense treats him like the brother who decided to play on the kids' team from down the block. You respectfully shut him down. "No hard feelings, we still care about you, but we know you chose to play against us rather than for us, now let's ball out."

Last edited:
And even though you're competition, Dad, uncle Scott, and even grandpa Herbie appreciate what you've done over the years. Good luck, kid. We're planning on putting you out of business in a year.

Heyzeus these family analogies are effing terrible. By the time these kids leave after 4-5 years you're talking about 1/6th of their life in the "family". Family is generally for life. These kids are 18, they're adults. If you want to leave, see ya. Play for a conference opponent, good luck. We'll shake your hand (bump elbows) after we stomp your ass. HAVE SOME EFFING CONFIDENCE.

Oh my, I hope all the transfers don't form their own team and beat us, that would be so bad!

Give me a GD (or in this case a JD) break.

Don't want to be here? BYE

Last edited:
Heyzeus these family analogies are effing terrible. By the time these kids leave after 4-5 years you're talking about 1/6th of their life in the "family". Family is generally for life. These kids are 18, they're adults. If you want to leave, see ya. Play for a conference opponent, good luck. We'll shake your hand (bump elbows) after we stomp your ass. HAVE SOME EFFING CONFIDENCE.

Oh my, I hope all the transfers don't form their own team and beat us, that would be so bad!

Give me a GD (or in this case a JD) break.

Don't want to be here? BYE
I just want to say...Despite your frustration, you have great hair.

With the fishbowl that the football program at NU lives in, I'm sure that if JD was a problem in practice or the locker room we would have heard something by now. I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong, more that we are not in the place to let contributing players just walk away.

While NU football is a fishbowl, rarely if ever do you hear that Player A is a problem in the locker room or on the practice field. Even when something slips, you would have to read between the lines pretty extensively and accurately to determine something of this sort was happening. Remember, the ones with the most access to the program are also the ones who don't want to lose that access.

Sean Callahan reports that JD has entered the Transfer Portal - mutual parting of ways.

This article said that JD had an incomplete academic term for the spring semester of 2020. I wonder if that means he withdrew from classes before the campus shutdown? I wouldn't think it would have been that hard to complete the semester online otherwise. I know my son had no problem completing his as they made the classes pretty easy due to the last minute change. I'm just curious about the hurdles he is going to have to overcome in order to play this year. I hope the best for him and it sounds like it was time to part ways, but I REALLY hope that he doesn't go to a team that we are playing this year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back