• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Someone Just Committed

Judging from the tweets from our current commits, I'd say there is a good chance that it's a bigger fish than Xander.

My thoughts exactly. We now have a 3rd person connected with recruiting/player development at Nebraska, Courtney Helom, posting something cryptic on X. I might be wrong here, but I don't see that happening for a 3* kid whose best offer appears to be Washington State.

I don't see how we have room for ruggeroli with Raiola and some of the other recruits that recently popped up, including the transfers.
I have a question, not so much directed at you but about what you brought up.

I know you cannot move a current player off scholarship and have NIL pay his way.

But when transfer players come in from the portal, do they have to use a scholarship or can a NIL deal pay their way?

I figure someone here knows the answer to that.

I know you cannot move a current player off scholarship and have NIL pay his way.

But when transfer players come in from the portal, do they have to use a scholarship or can a NIL deal pay their way?

I imagine they count as a scholarship. But imagine how much more chaotic it might be if getting someone out of the portal didn't count against scholarship limits!!!:oops:

You can bet your *** someone will give you an answer

Last edited:

In the midst of everything going on with McCord/Fleming/Raiola, you think Hales (and then Williams) posts about Ruggeroli? Not saying you are wrong, I would just find that to be bizarre. Talk about toying with Husker fans emotions.
Grabbing Ruggeroli IS A BIG DEAL. Late bloomer and didn't initially get a ton of attention, but make no mistake, he's in the conversation with Pyle, especially due to his athleticism. Not to mention, he is already one of the strongest guys on the NU team as a senior in high school.

As a staffer, you celebrate every great commitment, regardless of the weak psyche of some fans.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back