• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Some unanswered questions on Scott Frost

Well, too bad saying “next” doesn’t automatically turn pages.
i’m not even saying we shouldn’t all move on. But what some are doing is in effect trying to wave drivers to drive the speed limit past a car crash. It’s not happening. Like, sorry, but there will gawkers. There will be traffic. It is what it is. And just like in a crash, the more people try to tell others to move on, the more people slow down and stare.

the sooner everyone is allowed to stare at the car crash, the quicker the traffic disperses.

We’ve been staring at the car crash for four plus years.

1. If he was truly serious about returning Nebraska to glory, why did he accept the results, and constantly make excuses? Good to great coaches don’t do that.

2. Why wasn’t he more pissed off about those results, which are ultimately on him?

3. Why did he NOT make a change with weak link coaches (immediately) if he cared so much?

4. I never sensed any urgency with him. Why was that?

5. I never once heard him say that this was unacceptable, even early, in year one. I won’t stand for this. Why?

I’m not sure the dude was ever engaged with this job, other than I’d bet he thought it would be easier than it was. He had a stellar reputation before getting to NU, and it’s totally shot to hell now. Makes me think once the winning didn’t come easy, he simply went thru the motions, collecting the money. Why would a sharp, smart, aware coach let all those things ride, if he truly cared? I’m not trying to beat a dead horse, but, I’m still baffled by all of this. How could a national championship winning player, with what was, a damn fine resume, under damn good coaches, be so absolutely terrible? It’s still hard to wrap your head around.
View attachment 89103

1. If he was truly serious about returning Nebraska to glory, why did he accept the results, and constantly make excuses? Good to great coaches don’t do that.

2. Why wasn’t he more pissed off about those results, which are ultimately on him?

3. Why did he NOT make a change with weak link coaches (immediately) if he cared so much?

4. I never sensed any urgency with him. Why was that?

5. I never once heard him say that this was unacceptable, even early, in year one. I won’t stand for this. Why?

I’m not sure the dude was ever engaged with this job, other than I’d bet he thought it would be easier than it was. He had a stellar reputation before getting to NU, and it’s totally shot to hell now. Makes me think once the winning didn’t come easy, he simply went thru the motions, collecting the money. Why would a sharp, smart, aware coach let all those things ride, if he truly cared? I’m not trying to beat a dead horse, but, I’m still baffled by all of this. How could a national championship winning player, with what was, a damn fine resume, under damn good coaches, be so absolutely terrible? It’s still hard to wrap your head around.
1664938360189.gif

If Scott Frost is hired next year does that lesson the amount we are still paying him?

I haven't read his contract, but typically there is a reduction in buyout amount based on the salary he draws from his new employer. That's not universal, but typical.

IIRC, we fired him before the buyout amount reduced from $15m to $7.5m.

If Scott Frost is hired next year does that lesson the amount we are still paying him?

From the article: “There is at least some chance, according to the analyst that the Iowa Hawkeyes could be eying Frost.”

I highly doubt this is the case but… man, would that be HILARIOUS :Rolf:

Would love to be a fly on the wall at his mansion in Arizona......

"Honey, I know you hated Lincoln, but would you like to move to Iowa City?"

Cannot see him going to Iowa. Several reasons: location, KF, and they would have to completely retool their foundation to fit what he wants to run offensively. With what he learned from his time in Lincoln, maybe some maturity, and not being a HC, bet he makes a pretty good offensive coordinator. Think he enjoyed that the most as far as calling plays while at Nebraska.

What I want to know is where did the phrase “beating a dead horse” come from? Is the absurdity that the horse is dead? Does that mean it makes sense to beat a live horse?

I wonder what my uncle Jack thinks about this?
I thought the phrase was that you can never beat a dead horse enough!

Maybe while we are at trying to psychoanalyze the last coach, we could psychoanalyze why some people would want to revisit this topic at a time when things are looking more positive with the existing staff and team.

Last edited:

How does anyone look at Nebraska the previous 5 seasons and think "that head coach is who I want running my offense"

Just like why would Michigan St. want to hire Urban Meyer after all that happened when he was with the Jaguars?

Would love to be a fly on the wall at his mansion in Arizona......

"Honey, I know you hated Lincoln, but would you like to move to Iowa City?"

Cannot see him going to Iowa. Several reasons: location, KF, and they would have to completely retool their foundation to fit what he wants to run offensively. With what he learned from his time in Lincoln, maybe some maturity, and not being a HC, bet he makes a pretty good offensive coordinator. Think he enjoyed that the most as far as calling plays while at Nebraska.
I'm not sure his wife would want to live in any of those 4 locations.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back