• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked So who will Carl hire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CombatTargeteer

Husker Immortal
10 Year Member
Thought I would start this on the football page until we had a feel for who, if anyone, Carl will take from the NU staff. Mods place where you want when you want.

http://www.fauowlaccess.com/articles/339/carl-pelini-is-new-florida-atlantic-football-coach.aspx

Pelini, who has been the defensive coordinator for Nebraska, coached by his brother, Bo, since 2008 will indeed get to implement his plan and he will start right away, he said.
“The first order of business is to get a staff in place and I've already begun doing that,â€￾ Pelini said. “Then I'll hit the trail recruiting shortly after that. I plan on being in my first high schools in 48 hours.â€￾

http://www.fauowlaccess.com/blogs/o...fix-faus-offense-and-recruiting-problems.aspx

Pelini said he has recruited Florida players in the past and won't need a road map to get to area high schools.
“We have number of players from Florida,” Pelini said. “At Nebraska, this is how we did it and we're going to do it similar here. Once we had our regions, for cross-checking it went to position coaches and then the coordinators and then to the head coach for the home visit, so that's when I spent my time down in Florida.”
When it comes to offense, Pelini, the Nebraska defensive coordinator, did not specifically say what type of offense, but hinted at a well, faster paced, offense than the pro-style favored by Howard Schnellenberger.

actually selfishly im hoping JP doesnt get promoted yet because i think he is actually doing a pretty good job with the recruiting coordinator gig. i think he needs more time both at that job as well as his coaching duties before he should be anyones d coordinator. he could turn into a real asset if he gets a little more time. hope he doesnt leave if he is passed up tho..

Owls are excited about Carl.............

http://www.fauowlaccess.com/articles/339/fau-players-excited-about-carl-pelini.aspx

Pelini met with players for the first time Sunday where he addressed his excitement, intentions and goals with his arrival at FAU.

“The way he spoke with us and he told us about himself, we felt like he's a good coach,” said linebacker David Hinds, who will be a senior next season. “He's going to be a great coach and help us win. That's all we want to do is win.”

Pelini wants that as well.

“We got to the nuts and bolts of who I am as a football coach,” Pelini said about his meeting with the players.

actually selfishly im hoping JP doesnt get promoted yet because i think he is actually doing a pretty good job with the recruiting coordinator gig. i think he needs more time both at that job as well as his coaching duties before he should be anyones d coordinator. he could turn into a real asset if he gets a little more time. hope he doesnt leave if he is passed up tho..

What if JP doe not the coordinator job and Carl offers him the defensive coordinator job? We would lose our top two recruiters and it could not come at a worse time right when we need to make the final push on the recruiting season. Just food for thought.

Thought I would start this on the football page until we had a feel for who, if anyone, Carl will take from the NU staff. Mods place where you want when you want.

http://www.fauowlaccess.com/articles/339/carl-pelini-is-new-florida-atlantic-football-coach.aspx

There won't be anyone on the current staff that would be interested in the pay cut they'd have to take. Carl took a HEAD COACH job and his salary didn't go up much. Imagine what the assistant salaries will be.

What if JP doe not the coordinator job and Carl offers him the defensive coordinator job? We would lose our top two recruiters and it could not come at a worse time right when we need to make the final push on the recruiting season. Just food for thought.

Big pay cut. No worries.

Plus I am sure he wouldn't stick a finger in Bo's eye and steal assistants like that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back