• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked So I am interviewing a Candidate for Associate Pastor ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

First thing he says when he walks in the room --- "Did you bring any Valentinos with you?"

I knew immediately I liked this guy! We then talked about Runza and Amigos and bowl games he has gone to .... Eventually we got around to talking about his attitude toward ministry and serving people here in Grand Island and how to reach out to 18-35 year olds. Obviously first things first!

He then tells me that while in St. Louis he reads this website to keep in touch with the Huskers -- he knew who I was and many others that we shared ... LutheranHusker in Lincoln; JonCarl -- I shared the story of talking with him about a funeral they were conducting here in Grand Island and many other fun stories.

Young man is from Lincoln, his wife is from Seward. He attends Christ Lutheran in Lincoln and his wife attends St. John's in Seward. Both are UNL grads.

Biggest problem I told him he would have to deal with is that we have church on Saturday night and he would have to lead it -- while I take his tickets and go with his folks!!!

So -- what amazing interviews or stories of surprise meetings have others had with Husker Nation.

Rev.

This sounds familiar. We have an intern from the sem who fits that description.

I have it the worst, my LCMS pastor is a shorthorn fan. In Nebraska no less!!

Relax everyone... All of us have sins and fall short of the glory. Forgiveness was granted to make up for those Shorthorn fans. All we can do is pray he realizes he has an issue with sin (Being a short horn fan) and enter into a 12 step program to overcome it.

Best of luck Rev. I hope he is a good fit to help lead your church

It wasn't an interview, but I went to an oral surgeon last week to have a broken tooth removed. He saw the "N" on my shirt and throughout most of the procedure I got to hear his impressions (all good) about his introduction to Husker passion that he observed while he was in dental school at Creighton. Unfortunately, with his paws inside my mouth, I couldn't hold up my end of the conversation.

This sounds familiar. We have an intern from the sem who fits that description.

You are correct. Which is the other interesting connection-- Both of us have served Zion, Harvester. I actually regretted that I didn't call ahead about three weeks ago and had them save me some sausage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back