• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

'Skers Fall To South Dakota St In "Secret Scrimmage"

The sources said Nebraska, with seven scholarship players who haven’t competed together in a game yet, struggled with shot selection, turnovers and defensive errors. Free-throw shooting also was about 50 percent.

I think that is pretty big. At least the NCAA let them do this. I wish they would do this in Football.

On one hand that's pretty concerning.

On the other...it's a "secret scrimmage". I'm sure coaches are more concerned about working on certain things, seeing how different guys play together, etc. as opposed to simply winning.

Considering the Jacks were in the NCAA last year and we stayed home, I don't agree. It was pretty good test. It is good for the team to play against different competition than they have seen in practice. The scrimmage should give the staff some areas to focus on and continue preparing for the season.

Losing to SDSU? That's a little depressing.

Considering the Jacks were in the NCAA last year and we stayed home, I don't agree. It was pretty good test. It is good for the team to play against different competition than they have seen in practice. The scrimmage should give the staff some areas to focus on and continue preparing for the season.

Excellent point. Good thing no Big 10 teams made the tournament the last few years. Oh wait, nevermind...

Exactly. New team, it will take them
Several games to get things going. I didn't see it so I don't care..

On one hand that's pretty concerning.

On the other...it's a "secret scrimmage". I'm sure coaches are more concerned about working on certain things, seeing how different guys play together, etc. as opposed to simply winning.

Indeed. It's like the NFL preseason.

I agree that the staff was probably doing a fair amount of experimentation in the scrimmage, and that we can't make a lot of conclusions based on the final score. However, we really don't know how good South Dakota State is either. Yes, they made the tournament last year, but do we know how good they are this year? I am very anxious to see how we do when the season begins.

Can't be sure how good SDSU is since they lost their best player, PG Nate Wolters, who was a 2nd round draft choice and is now with the Milwaukee Bucks. But it was just a scrimmage so it is hard to say what if anything can be taken from it.

Right here:

http://www.omaha.com/article/20131027/HUSKERS/131028698/1001#husker-men-fall-in-secret-scrimmage

Turnovers, poor shot selections, and defensive errors. Sound familiar?

South Dakota St. lost 71-56 to Michigan in the NCAA Tournament. That's not too bad. It was probably a really good test for us. If we can play close with a team like this even with all of the mistakes then maybe it won't be so bad. :koolaid: We'll have to see....

Here's a link to their scores last year: http://www.gojacks.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=88455&SPID=7143&DB_OEM_ID=15000&Q_SEASON=2012

South Dakota St. lost 71-56 to Michigan in the NCAA Tournament. That's not too bad. It was probably a really good test for us. If we can play close with a team like this even with all of the mistakes then maybe it won't be so bad. :koolaid: We'll have to see....

Here's a link to their scores last year: http://www.gojacks.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=88455&SPID=7143&DB_OEM_ID=15000&Q_SEASON=2012

they lost their best player...this won't be the same SDSU that anybody has seen the last couple years. That guy was a stud.

they lost their best player...this won't be the same SDSU that anybody has seen the last couple years. That guy was a stud.

Ah... I see. Forgot about that. Thanks for pointing that out for me. I just looked over their roster, and it looks like they are pretty ordinary now without a stud scorer.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back