• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Short Ribs

Red_in_Blue_Land

Oh my!
10 Year Member
A buddy of mine made this and it was really good so I am trying it this weekend and I may use Dr. Pepper:
- 4 lbs of short ribs
- 1 medium onion
- Sriracha sauce
- 1 can of root beer
- salt & pepper

He sliced up the onion and laid the slices on the bottom of a glass pan, put the short ribs on the onions and mixed a cup of Sriracha sauce and a cup of root beer and poured that over the ribs and then salt and peppered them. He cooked them @ 300 F on the grill for 1 1/2 hours (about half of the rib was above the sauce) and then flipped them in the glass pan and cooked them for another 1 1/2hour, pulled them out and rested them, served them with the onions on top and it was really, really good.

Last edited:

sounds good, i do a korean short rib on the grill.

Korean Kalbi Ribs
Serves 4-6
3 lbs Flanken-style short ribs (about 12 pieces)
Water
1 Asian pear
1/2 a white or yellow onion
1 cup soy sauce (I use Aloha shoyu)
1 cup citrus soda (like Sierra Mist)
1 TBS freshly grated ginger
1/4 cup sesame oil
3 cloves garlic minced or pressed
2 TBS sesame seeds
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 cup minced green onion
Place ribs in a large casserole dish and fill it with water until the ribs are covered. Let sit in the fridge at least 30 minutes, then pour off water and rinse the ribs and dish.
Return ribs to the casserole dish. Grate the flesh of an Asian pear and half of an onion over the ribs. Add all remaining ingredients to the ribs and use tongs stir marinade and make sure ribs are all soaking. Cover the dish and refrigerate at least 30 minutes (overnight is better).
Heat a grill to medium high heat. Use tongs to place ribs on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes each side. Garnish with additional green onion and sesame seeds if desired. Serve with kimchee and rice.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back