• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Shatel article on Damon Benning

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMfanFORnu

Scout Team
5 Year Member
Shatel's take on the Northwest Football program and Damon Benning's resignation.

Very fair article IMHO, and describes some extremely difficult challenges there as a football coach.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20120428/PREPZONE/704289828

For those posters who called out Benning in last week's thread :

SHAME ON YOU !!

Shatel points out NW had 16 players on the roster when he started, and now there's 54 players.

Not defending Benning's record, but positive things were happening there. Which is much more than can be said about that thread from last week.
:peacesign:

Benning was my student teacher for a semester when I was in elementary school. I know the opinion about an NU running back held by a ten-year-old Lincoln boy has to be weighed accordingly, but I do remember him being a very good teacher that worked hard and related well with the students.

While I'm name dropping, I'm pretty sure Cory Schlesinger student taught for my older brother one year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back