• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Shameless

Rowdy Reddy Piper

Don't Bother Runnin'...
5 Year Member
Anyone watch this show? I'm watching it on Netflix, catching up, and almost done with Season 3. It is a really well done show with some outstanding performances. While not all the cast is strong, there are a few standouts:

1) William H. Macy - absolutely fantastic as the lech Frank Gallagher. I'd enjoyed him as an actor anyway, but his portrayal of this POS is incredible. You will love him, hate him, and love him, then hate him again.

2) Joan Cusack - Probably the standout of the show, to this point. She plays a very damaged mom with a debilitating mental condition, and is trying to hold her family together while struggling with her condition. And don't take that in a strictly dramatic way. Her performance is hilarious, yet very touching and believable. She will have you laughing and marveling at her, and then almost crying in real sympathy the next. If she hasn't won an award for this work, then that is a travesty.

Check it out or comment, but be kind about spoilers.

By all indications it's a show I should love but, for whatever reason, I couldn't get into it. I need to give it another shot.

I haven't seen any episodes, but my niece, Sammi Hanratty has been in the last few episodes, playing Kassidi. I guess I should check it out!

I watched every episode for the first three maybe four seasons, then work and travel got the best of me. Macy was gold the first few years and I have to admit I have a soft spot for Emmy Rossum. I've got to binge and catch up if I ever get enough free time again.

Love the show. Just watched the season 8 finale...like most shows it's getting a little stale IMO. I'll watch season 9 for sure though.

Favorite characters are Kevin and Veronica. Could have something to do with Shanola Hampton...yeah...all day long.

I didn't renew Netflix, probably should, I just dont watch much TV,
Not that has anything to do with this thread.:Cheers:

I watch and like the show. The sad thing is, there are so many of these types of people in real life, just dirt balls who can’t ever seem to stay out of their own way.

Mickey Milkovich is my favorite character. Just a straight up scurvy thug!

Great show. It has gotten a little stale/jump the shark'ish but I'll still watch the next season.

I dropped out. Season six was ok, seven was downhill, and I was waiting for a recovery. Then I gave up waiting once the BK hearings started, and the cast went public about their views. Took me out of the show.
That gives me about 6 1/2 seasons to go then.

I dropped out. Season six was ok, seven was downhill, and I was waiting for a recovery. Then I gave up waiting once the BK hearings started, and the cast went public about their views. Took me out of the show.

BK hearings?

I loved the show, but haven’t seen an episode in two seasons, maybe more.

It is well done and Macy is too good. I had to give it up after few seasons. I kept waiting for something redeeming from any of the characters. Never saw it. It was dragging me down with it.

Not that it really matters much, but I got through about 4 episodes and thought, MEH. I was expecting it to be funny or something, but it's just depressing actually. Definitely a time waster though, as when you finish an episode, you definitely know you wasted your time. ;)

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back