• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Shaka reportedly turns down Illinois

Pretty sure that NU has probably never had a minority HC. Also pretty sure we can officially check Shaka off the list of potential candidates, most of you already had I am sure.

This surprises me. Guess Smart's pretty happy with his situation at VCU. This means NU has to out-duel Illinois now to get a HC. TO's job just got a bit more difficult. Maybe Marshall knew that Smart wasn't taking the Illinois job, and put his "denial" of the NU job out in the public, to let Illinois know he was still available.

This surprises me. Guess Smart's pretty happy with his situation at VCU. This means NU has to out-duel Illinois now to get a HC. TO's job just got a bit more difficult. Maybe Marshall knew that Smart wasn't taking the Illinois job, and put his "denial" of the NU job out in the public, to let Illinois know he was still available.

South Carolina still seems to make more sense for Marshall.

Good trivia question. Nebraska, Illinois, and ?

I know it's not Northwestern (football), Michigan State (football)
Minnesota, Iowa, Michigan, Penn State, Indiana, Wisconsin (basketball)

That leaves Purdue and Ohio State.

I had to research from there -- forgot about Randy Ayers coaching the OSU basketball team.

Purdue must the 3rd.

Not necessarily, I have heard some sports talk guys compare Illinois to the same situation NU was in when they fired Solich. A lot of coaches were rumored as not being interested in going to a school that fired a coach who went 9-3 and in Illinois case some coaches may be turned off by replacing a coach who has gotten tournament bids in the recent past.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back