• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Seriously... what just happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like it 2-0 on the outsider vote. ;)

What's the word on Peterson Formo?

We think this way because we are mostly emotionally detatched and see some things differently. =D

Sounds like nothing broken and it's a mid ankle sprain. But the full MRI will be tomorrow, so we'll know more then. Maryland in December hates AP, seemingly. =/

We think this way because we are mostly emotionally detatched and see some things differently. =D

Sounds like nothing broken and it's a mid ankle sprain. But the full MRI will be tomorrow, so we'll know more then. Maryland in December hates AP, seemingly. =/

Hope he's okay. He is fun to watch.

Too bad he had to play OU the next year too.

Losing to the Okies in 2010 in the B12 CG was the second most embarrassing thing he's done. We were clearly the better team. I'll never forgive Bo for that. Very embarrassing.

Wow how hypocritical. The players chose Nebraska and are doing the best they can, so they have your undying support. Well, Bo also chose Nebraska, and you then you admit that he can't do any more than he has (he is doing the best he can) but you fail to give him your undying support.

:lol:

I am different from you .... I treat the players and coaches equally. I make them both accountable. If the coaches aren't meeting my expectations, I will comment, and if the players are not meeting my expectations, I will also comment.

All Nebraska fans want the team to win championships, and both the coaches and the players make that happen...therefore both are accountable.

I have said all along I never agreed with the hire...so it started there....not being hypocritical at all. I have never liked the BO hire.
Also he is paid to provide leadership and teach the fundamental of this game at this level. He is wayyyyyyyyyy over paid

All Nebraska fans want the team to win championships, and both the coaches and the players make that happen...therefore both are accountable.

True...Lets say I get a job making widgets my boss show me how to make them. Then we find out they were wrong. Was it my fault or the teachers fault?

You can cheer for BO all you want. I choose not to. Never have. Lets see if he can make me eat crow...I sure hope he does. I'll even bring BBQ sauce

Bo Pelini is a Nebraska Cornhusker. All the individuals who coach the team are Nebraska Cornhuskers. The quest to separate the Coaches from the Players is nothing short of laughable, especially from the very critics who derided Pelini for perceiving an "Us against Them" mentality.

where do you see a quest to separate them. I am not drinking the BO koolaide is all. It has a bitter taste.

I'd like to take a shot at this question.

I can get behind the players because they have chosen the University of Neb. I am sure during the recruiting process certain things were promised. Playing time, teaching solid football fundamentals at this next level. A commitment to excellence both in football and overall challenge of becoming a man. Parents as well as the students put their trust that there will a certain level of maturity on all parties involved.

What I have seen is a team full of talent. Yet during the games and season instead of progressing forward there is a trend downward. There is inconsistent play, disorganization, a lack of leadership both from the students and the staff. What bothers me more is the maturity level of the players exceed that of the head coach. That has seemed to transcend onto the play of the game even to the point where the head coach has blamed the outside distractions. This has happened since year one under the head coach and instead of improvements we still continue to see lack of focus, structure and guidance.

So while I believe the players are doing the best. I do not believe our head coach has the ability to do more than what we have seen. So I can cheer and support the players because they ARE doing their best with what they are given. I feel with the talent that Neb is getting i do have to feel a little empathy for them They are giving their best yet are not receiving the best coaching to even make them better.

The head coach of Neb is more of distraction than a teacher of men.

I support the players and will continue to do so. I will and cannot support the head coach because I do not believe by what is shown on the field through his and the other coaches teaching that the commitment to excellence as promised can be accomplished. The players are living up to their promise and that is to play hard. The coaches are not living up to their promise to give their best to improve the overall team.

Instead we get sloppy play, inconsistent play, lack of passion, and consistent meltdowns that put the head coach right back into the spotlight. Maturity? yes from the player but no where near the maturity level the leader of the team should have.

This is my opinion and I am not asking anyone to sign on.

And that is pretty much all that needs to be said. Couldn't agree with you more on this Pops.

What happened?

-OSU laid an egg and proved there are no great teams in the Big 10.
-We have learned that injuries can impact how a season goes.
-Nebraska committed some turnovers this year.
-Not all teams in the SEC play great defense.
-The volleyball team continues to be the leaders of Huskers athletics.

2nd place?? Think you could use a better example THIS year.

2nd place?? Think you could use a better example THIS year.

How so? They are still in the mix for a championship and the #8 seeded team in the nation. Who is better Nebraska wise? Not counting Bowling, Coed Jenga and underarm braiding.

How so? They are still in the mix for a championship and the #8 seeded team in the nation. Who is better Nebraska wise? Not counting Bowling, Coed Jenga and underarm braiding.

shooting team?? For a football coach , cook has his young team playing well.

Last edited:

I'd like to take a shot at this question.

I can get behind the players because they have chosen the University of Neb. I am sure during the recruiting process certain things were promised. Playing time, teaching solid football fundamentals at this next level. A commitment to excellence both in football and overall challenge of becoming a man. Parents as well as the students put their trust that there will a certain level of maturity on all parties involved.

What I have seen is a team full of talent. Yet during the games and season instead of progressing forward there is a trend downward. There is inconsistent play, disorganization, a lack of leadership both from the students and the staff. What bothers me more is the maturity level of the players exceed that of the head coach. That has seemed to transcend onto the play of the game even to the point where the head coach has blamed the outside distractions. This has happened since year one under the head coach and instead of improvements we still continue to see lack of focus, structure and guidance.

So while I believe the players are doing the best. I do not believe our head coach has the ability to do more than what we have seen. So I can cheer and support the players because they ARE doing their best with what they are given. I feel with the talent that Neb is getting i do have to feel a little empathy for them They are giving their best yet are not receiving the best coaching to even make them better.

The head coach of Neb is more of distraction than a teacher of men.

I support the players and will continue to do so. I will and cannot support the head coach because I do not believe by what is shown on the field through his and the other coaches teaching that the commitment to excellence as promised can be accomplished. The players are living up to their promise and that is to play hard. The coaches are not living up to their promise to give their best to improve the overall team.

Instead we get sloppy play, inconsistent play, lack of passion, and consistent meltdowns that put the head coach right back into the spotlight. Maturity? yes from the player but no where near the maturity level the leader of the team should have.

This is my opinion and I am not asking anyone to sign on.

If I could "sign on", I would. Well said, Pops. This idea being thrown around that you can't support the players and the program if you don't blindly support the head coach regardless of his actions is absurd.

Also, even if the Huskers win it all next year, you don't need to eat any crow in my opinion. You can enjoy it as a fan of the program, the players, and the responsible coaches. Unless Bo gets some help for his obvious behavioral (maturity?) problems, even championships won't change the way I feel about his ability to properly represent the university on and off the field.

This idea being thrown around that you can't support the players and the program if you don't blindly support the head coach regardless of his actions is absurd.

Specifically, who has thrown that idea around? (i.e. "blindly support").

Look at it from another angle:

This idea being thrown around that you can support the players and the program while publicly disparaging the head coach on a daily basis is absurd.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back